Chapter 52

I woke up to being pushed off the bed. "Ash! What was that for?!" I yelled and as soon as my eyes were capable of showing me what was in front of me, I saw Misty laughing. "That wasn't Ash! He's down riding that skateboard of his. He told me to wake you before long. I really let you sleep in." I got up and was resisting the urge to sucker punch the orange haired chick who pushed me off my bed. I grabbed my phone off the bed and texted Ash as I walked into the bathroom to get ready for the day. "Ash, where are you? I had an unpleasant wake up call from Misty." I put my phone down on the sink in the bathroom as I brushed my teeth. I instantly received a reply from him saying, "What did she do? Are you hurt? Do I need to come back?" Something seems...off about the message. He was never this worried about anyone else. I shrugged it off and replied, "No, I'm fine. She just pushed me off the bed. Can you come back? I want to see you as soon as I get out of the shower." I sent the message and laid my phone back on the sink as I hopped into the shower. I took longer than usual because it was so relaxing, the hot water slowly running down my body. It was rather tiring. I got out when I found myself getting drowsy because of the humidity of the closed bathroom. I opened the curtain and found Ash standing there. with a towel for me. "Ash! You startled me! At least say something next time." I almost instantly regretted scolding him. I took the towel and wrapped in around my torso. I gave Ash a kiss on the cheek to say sorry for being so rude to him. I'll give him a proper kiss once I'm dry and dressed. I then remembered! Misty leaves today! I hurried up and got dressed, skipping a few steps of my morning routine. I didn't make time to eat anything but I drank a glass of orange juice that Ash had made for me while I was finishing dressing with pulling up my skirt. Ash was gone, he was walking Misty to the airport. I noticed that Ash had left is board. I decided to take mine so I could catch up to them. I unplugged the board and grabbed it and put the remote for it in my skirt pocket. "Pika Pi?" I turned to see Ash's beloved Pokémon still here with me. I motioned for him to get on and spoke, "Come on Pikachu, we have to catch up to Ash and Misty. He gave me a nod as I rushed out of the room with Pikachu on my shoulder and the board in my hand. "Pikachu, once I put the board down on the ground, you need to hold on tight. We're gonna go fast." The electric type gave me an eager nod as we reached the front doors of the Pokémon center. I tossed the board onto the ground and stepped on. Pikachu tightened his grip onto my shoulders as I took out the remote and lightly pressed it. It took off slowly and I started to press the button down further. We went to a nice speed. It was probably the equivalent to someone starting their sprint. I was nervous to go faster, for Pikachu's sake. We were making some pretty good distance and before long, we made it to the airport entrance. I could see Ash and Misty walking besides each other. I got off the board and grabbed it as I caught up to the two. "I made it!" I said as I started to pant. Running and all the wind in my face from the speed of the board was not a fun combination. "LIke the board? I didn't go so fast. I've never rode a skateboard so I had to get used to it," I nodded at him and explained, "I would've gone faster but Pikachu was with me." I caught my breath as we made our way to the terminal. We couldn't go any further because Ash didn't have a ticket, nor did I. Misty turned to us before getting to the receptionist to board her plane. "Thanks for the fun time you two. I hope to see you two soon. Maybe those two blonde siblings as well." It seemed her statement was more geared towards Ash than me. I gave her a nod as she turned and boarded her plane. We waved goodbye as I nuzzled my head onto Ash's shoulder. I pulled Ash's head to face me and I pulled him in for a kiss. It was quick but it wasn't bad. "I'm sorry about yelling at you earlier. I love you and I can't stand the Idea of you being mad at me." I looked at him with shame of how I had acted earlier. He spoke in a soft calm voice, "I love you, Serena. I wasn't even mad at you to begin with. If I was, I wouldn't hold my anger for long. You should know that." He pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could. "I'm not mad at you at all, Serena. I love you too much to stay mad at you." I wanted to stay in arms for awhile.