Chapter 30

Officer Jenny's text read, "Miette has escaped. Unknown how dangerous she is Im on my way there now. Stay safe." I turned to Nurse joy and shouted, "Put the pokemon center on lockdown. She escaped!" I show nurse joy the measage and she runs out of the room. I instantly put my clothes on and wake up Ash. "Ash get in the bathroom now!"
"Huh, why?" He said groggily. Well, at least he can talk. "Miette has escaped and well...she's probably on her way here. Get in the bathroom! Did she inject you with something the other night?" To my horror, he nodded as he got up and went to the bathroom, "I didn't want to worry you. I didn't think it'd be this big a deal." I heard my phone go off again and I checked it. "Miette is heading to the pokemon center. Defend yourselves as you see fit. If she threatens your lives, you can take her out." Wow. I hope I won't have to. "Serena," he coughs, "what's wrong?"
"Miette is coming. Officer Jenny said to defend ourselves even if it means-"
"Taking her out." He finished my sentence. I didn't want to but I may have to. Ash spoke up, "Serena, do you trust me?"
"Of course, Ash. Why?"
"The time is coming. You'll have to trust me. I love you." Why is he saying this? "I love you t-" The door got kicked  in and soon Miette was in the doorway with a gun. I out my hands up in surrender and she spoke, "You know why I'm here?" I nodded. She pointed the gun at Ash and said, "If you don't let him come with me, I'll kill him and leave you to suffer." Ash spoke before I did. "If I go, will you leave her alone?"
"Yes, I will. But you better come with me!"
"Can i get my things and say goodbye?"
"Yes, but you can't kiss her. That's my job now."
"Okay," he said in a depressed tone," You'll have to help me. You made me sick with your stunt before."
"Okay, I'll get your stuff. You say goodbye to her." He nodded at her as she left the room. I embraces Ash for what I thought would be the last time. He whisper in my ear, "Trust me. I'll be back Serena. I promise. love you." I started to doubt him but he kisses my cheek and started to tear up. I started to sob too.
"Time to go Ash! Now!" Miette spoke up. She came and pulled us apart and helped Ash walk. I could see him look back and mouth the words, "trust me" to me. He'll be back. I know it. "Come on Pikachu." Ash spoke up, in a sad tone. I saw them begin to leave but Ash came running back and pulled me into the bathroom. "NOW PIKACHU!" He yelled out. I could hear Miette yell out in the distance and heard some rumbling. Ash went out to see what happened. I follow but he insisted I stay in cover. I peered through the door and saw Ash go to Miette. He held her down and yelled, "Don't you EVER try to separate me and Serena!" She nodded and got up and pointed the gun at Ash. I heard a shot and looked away. I knew she killed Ash! I sat down and started to cry. I would never see him smile again. His last words echoed in my head, "Trust me." I trusted him and he went and got himself killed. I felt something hug me. I didn't want to open my eyes. I knew I'd open them to see my boyfriend's corpse in the hallway. I heard a familiar voice call to me, "I promised I'd be back. Now Serena, stop crying and hug me." I opened my eyes. "Ash? But how? I thought...I don't care! You're okay!" I wrapped him tightly in my arms. I was so happy. The only time I'll be happier is when Im walking towards him down the aisle. I cried onto him. He comforted me although he was the ill one, "It's alright, it's over. She won't harm us anymore." I looked at him, "You...killed her?" He looked down and nodded. "Pikachu's attack was supposed to disarm her but after I said to leave us alone, she retrieved the gun and was about to shoot me. I ended up taking the gun and pulling the trigger on her."
"I'm just happy you're safe. Where is pikachu anyhow?" Just then, that little yellow furball walked in, "Pikachu!" He exclaimed. Ash spoke up, "You did good buddy!" I laughed at him and I started feeling better. That's when officer Jenny came to us, "I'm guessing that out there was in self defense?"
"I'm assuming you'll take us in to explain anyway? It's probably better to wait until then anyhow." Ash spoke to officer Jenny. "I understand it was probably emotional but Yes, I will need to speak to you. Both of you."
"Does it have to be now? Ash is still not doing too well. He's been sick all yesterday and today." I asked officer Jenny. "We can do it here, but it has to be tonight, otherwise I'll have to put you behind bars until we can talk." Ash and I looked at each other and replied, "We'll do it here, tonight!"
"Good, I need to retrieve my recording equipment and Ash, you should lie down. You don't look too well. I'll send nurse joy up."
"Thank you." He said as he fell onto the bed. I rubbed his back and felt his forehead. Still warm. Back to my own nursing duties I presume. I giggled to myself. I got up and got a wet cool rag and applied it to Ash's forehead. "Hold it there," I instructed, "Lie down as well." He laid back and I waited for Nurse joy. She soon came up with a few vials of medicine. She spoke to me, "Seems an eventful evening for you two." I nodded, "It sure was. Hopefully we didn't cause you any trouble."
"No, none at all. It seems there was no damage. We just have to get her out of her and everything will be fine. Officer Jenny said you two will be okay as long as you tell her what happened." I nodded and led her to Ash. "There's my hero, for you." I told her, looking at Ash, who had his eyes closed and opened them. "Hi nurse Joy." He spoke in a nice tone. She checked him once again and handed him some more disgusting medicine from the look on his face after he took each one. Nurse Joy left as Officer Jenny walked in. "Now, I only want you two to tell me what happened from each of your perspectives. Ash, you can go first and rest after I get your side." He nodded as we told Officer Jenny what all had happened.