IX

Y/N

Y/N

Half way through the second day of school wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I hardly spoke to my boyfriend, found out my best friend is with child and I am actually getting along with Michael. It's odd though. When I am around him, my sudden depression turns into somewhat ease and tolerable.

Earlier, Michael asked Mr. Jones for the keys to the band room. I honestly don't understand why Michael wants to work on the project in the band room but... whatever floats his boat. It's my free period and I headed to the band room. As I got closer, I heard the piano. The sound of the piano was so beautiful. Low yet affectionate. I also heard Michael, humming.

I walked inside quietly, not trying to disturb his talents. I never knew how talented Michael was. My heart skipped a beat as he continued to play. "Da da da... oooo yeah." Michael sung. My inner self melted as I witnessed him enjoying the gift God has praised to him.

"Sun comes up on this new morning... shifting shadows, a songbird sings. And if these words could have kept you happy... I'd do anything..." he stopped. "No.. that's not it." I heard him say to himself. "I think it's beautiful..." I interrupted his thoughts. Michael's body jumped a little. He twirled around to face me.

"You heard me?" "Yeah... I heard you playing the piano across the hall. Quite the talent you have, Jackson." I said, sitting next to him. His face turned slightly red as if he was embarrassed. "Thank you." he stuttered. "You're welcome. Is that all you have?" I asked, grabbing his music sheet. "Um... for the most part. I don't know what else to put into it." "Whelp, that's the reason why Mr. Jones assigned partners. Maybe I can help." I said. "Y/N... I don't know if you can handle it." "What do you mean by that, Michael?" I asked, getting offensive.

"It's very difficult to write a song. Besides, I don't know if I even want to use this song for our project." he explained. I rolled my eyes, scanning through the music sheet. What he has is great. Why doesn't he think so? "Michael... this is great. My heart melted when I heard you sing this. And I have you know, I do poetry." "Poetry and song writing are two completely different things." "But they both have one thing in common... creativity. I actually have a poem that could be for the hook." I assured.

Michael sighed with annoyance. "Ok... let's see what you got then." he said. "Yes... let's. And you'll see what I am talking about. Now... play." I ordered him. "I'll play if I want to play." he hissed jokingly. "Ok... I'll just go then." I said getting out of my seat.

"No... wait!" Michael pulled me back, making me fall and hit my head against his. We both winced in pain, looking at each other's face. His eyes locked into mine as if he wanted to kiss me. Without thinking I started to lean in. I felt Michael's hand against my cheek. I leaned in closer. Our lips are a centimeter away from touching. I was about to kiss Michael... That's until

"Y/N... babe. Where are you?" called my boyfriend, Alex. Fuck....

Chapter 10 is up next.

A/N: Sorry for the late update. But I do appreciate the 5k views and 500 votes. Much L.O.V.E!