VII

Y/N

Yup. I'm at his house. I'm surprised myself that I actually stepped my foot inside his home. But, after him walking me home, his presence was... soothing and appreciative.

I sat on his couch, feeling a little awkward. Michael is standing across the room, feeling a little uncomfortable. I think he's intimated by me. It's kinda funny. And somewhat cute.

"So..." I broke the silence. "So..." he mimicked back. "First, let me apologize for coming here unannounced." I said apologetically. "No need. Although I am shocked that you're in my house." "Still the same since I was last here. How long ago was that?" I asked, getting up from my seat.

"After seventh grade... the last day of school, actually." he answered. I noticed his face when he answered. It seemed disturbed. "That's when we fell apart." I said, softly. I honestly don't know why our friendship went downhill. Maybe I should ask him.

I looked over to the old pictures on the wall. There was one picture that caught my attention. It was a picture of me and Michael, laughing together. Eating cotton candy. I can't believe he still have that.

"I was cute back then, wasn't I?" Michael asked, standing behind me. I giggled, quietly. "Yeah.. what happened?" "I became sexy." he chuckled. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Whatever you say, Jackson."

"Don't hate me cause I beautiful."  Michael said, walking towards the couch. This boy... *giggles* I cannot with him.

"I remember my dad taking this pic of us. We were at the state fair. Just you and me. With daddy chaperone. I don't know why, but he kept eye balling at you." I laughed, setting the picture down.

"Yeah.. I was so uncomfortable when he did that. By the way, I'm really sorry for your loss." he said sincerely. A tear rolled down on my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. "Thank you. Means a lot coming from you." "You're welcome." he said, smiling.

For some odd reason, my stomach turned when he smiled. In a good way. I never felt like this towards Alex. Why is this happening? I'm supposed to hate his ass! But his smile is so mesmerizing. I need to know why we fell apart, though.

"Michael... I have to know something." I spoke up. "Know what?" Michael questioned. "What did I do to deserve the disrespect you give? I've asked this so many times and you never gave me a valid answer. I want to know!" I explained.

Michael's facial expression gave me the impression that he doesn't want to answer. "You should already know, Y/N." he said. "What does that even mean? I don't know what you're talking about!" "Yes you do! You're the one who said it!" "Said what? Michael... you're not helping the problem that we have." I argued. I just want to know what I did.

"It doesn't even matter, Y/N. We're not even friends." "But I want to know why! After seventh grade, things has not been the same between you and I. And I just want to understand the reason why! Why can't you just tell me?" "BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW, Y/N!" he yelled.

"KNOW WHAT?" I yelled back. Suddenly, his mom came in with refreshments. "Is everything alright in here?" she asked the both of us. We didn't pay much of her attention. "Everything is fine, mother." Michael said.

"Yeah.. it's getting late. I should get going." I said, gathering my things. "But you just got here, Y/N. What about the project?" Michael asked, concerned.

"We can start tomorrow. During free period. Is that okay with you?" "Sure... I guess." he said. I smiled small, trying not to show my heart break.

"See you tomorrow. Nice seeing you again, Mrs. Jackson." I waved. "You too, baby. Tell your mom to call me. I want to see how she's doing."

"I will. Goodnight." I said before closing the door, crying my way home. I regret going to his house.

Chapter 8 is up next....

A/N: I hope you all are enjoying this story. If you do.. recommend it to some of your peers. Would mean a lot and more to me. ☆♡