Back Together Again

Felicia's P.O.V

  I held Monika's large, warm, hand in my own and did all I could to calm her. It was currently 7a.m. and Monika had brought me home. Her mission was complete and she left Julchen to deal with the gangsters and take them to the government to deal with.

 "What if they-" Monika pondered, panic evident all across her features.

  "Nothing, they will like you just fine. It'll be okay, I promise," I state, rubbing her knuckles with the pad of my thumb. With my excessive arm, I ring the door bell and keep my smile on Monika. She returns the smile and places a chaste kiss on my forehead before patiently awaiting the door's opening.

  I would be lying if I were to say that I've seen my nonna answer the door like that everyday, the door flung open so fast that I barely registered my Nonna's arms around me as she showered my hair and forehead in kisses. "Of Felicia! You're not to see Carlo again! I don't care! You were gone for so long I- who's this?"

  Her attention was pointed directly at Monika and I could see the gears im her head spim as she began to piece together little bits and observed our interlocked digits. "Arent you going to introduce me Felicia?"

  Finding my voice, I burrow out of her hug and wrap my arms around Monika's sculpted muscles. "This is Monika... I've known her since last summer, I've been with her since last summer. She's my girlfriend nonna, Carlo wasn't actually my boyfriend, he wasn't even a genuine guy. He's gone and that's okay. Is it alright if Monika stays with us for the summer?" I find myself begging yet sigh in relief when she brushes me off with a nod.

  "Hello, my name is Monika, its a pleasure..." Monika begins but trails off awkwardly, not sure what to call her.

   "Please, Monika, call me nonna, its a pleasure to meet you. You are such a lovely young lady. If all it took to get you and Lovi a girlfriend, was send you to summer camp, I would've sent you girls earlier! Feli, she's staying in your room, and no funny business. If so, keep your moans at the lowest volume possible please. Are any of you hungry, I can make breakfast if you want."

   Immediately declining Nonna's offer, I pull Monika alongside me to my bedroom. Luckily, I remembered to clean it until I could see my reflection everywhere so I proudly displayed my bedroom off to the blonde without any embarassment. Taking my shoes off, Monika does the same, hopping into bed quicker than I could myself. When I've curled up besides her, her arms wrap around my waist and pull me in closer.

  "Who would've thought that we'd be here. One summer later..." Monika whispers, sending chills down my spine.

  "Its fate, it has to be. So we're official now, huh?" Grinning like a madwoman, I cause her to grin in return. Taking pride over how lovely her grin is.

  "Definitely. Whether you would've wanted me to be here or not. Dich Liebe Lich, Felicia."

   "Ti amo troppo, Monika." I reply in a faint whisper as I fall asleep, the love of my love laying there besides me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   The gentle tickling sensation of someone playing with my bangs awakened, my eyes opened and were instantly locked on Monika's blue orbs.

  "Guten tag, Felicia, how did you sleep?" Monika's gentle, accented, voice greeted me from my slumber.

  "Good morning, I slept just fine. You?" I interrogate, tracing circles on her upper arm.

  "The best sleep I've had seen you've last slept even remotely near me. Something about your presence calms me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you graduate from high school?" I felt as if it was futile to lie or resist, considering that her eyes bore into my very existence.

  "Yes, actually, I did."

   "What do you plan to do now?"

   "I want to attend college. An art college that is, I was offered a scholarship but it's for a college in America... The good news is that all expenses are paid and Amelia lives close by and offered to help me and assist me and accompany me while I'm over there. The bad news is that I'll be gone for 4 years..." I was worried that her expression would contort into something sad or desperate but instead, she smiled.

  "Good, you're following your dreams." She commented hollowly.

  "Well, all except for one," I replied.

  "And that would be?" She tilted her head innocently, despite the number of times in which I've witnessed her being the very opposite of innocence.

  "To live my life with you~," I word carefully, watching as a beautifully rosy shade overtakes her gorgeous cheeks. She sighs and kisses my forehead, stroking my hair softly.

  "That's my dream too... I'd have to ask but given my service to the German government, they might allow me to go with you. I could be sent to train american cadets nearby..." With wide eyes, I sit up and squeal.

  "Really?" She nods. "Oh my gosh! Yes, yes, yes!"

  Her mouth opens to say something else and a sudden scream from below alerts up. "FELICIA, LOVIANA, MONIKA, IT'S DINNER TIME, I HAVEN'T SPENT A SINGLE AFTERNOON WITH YOU SINCE SUMMER HAS STARTED AND IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE, I'M FORBIDDING YOU FROM HAVING SEX UNTIL YOU'RE FOURTY!!!"

  As soon as nonna was finished, I was tossed over Monika's shoulder and were down at the dinner table before I could even register what was happening. Geez Monika, way to show my nonna that you definitely don't want to screw me over... Still love have to love her though.

   After a minute or two, Loviana came down, nodding towards Monika who did the same in return. Awww, look at them bonding! We all took our seats at the table and began to eat the homemade pasta nonna cooked. Monika politely complimented the pasta, going as far to say that it was the best she's ever tastes while I enjoyed the look of joy that spread across my Nonna's expression. When dinner was all said and done, I began to gather the dishes, only to find that monika already had the other half herself.

  "You don't have to," I say as I take the dishes to the dishwasher and set them in.

  "But I did and I'm going to," she sassed passively, setting her share into the washer as well.

   When the task was completed, she walked into the other room and whispered something to nonna. "Felicia, go ahead and get changed, you should show Monika around Rome, she should get accustomed to the city if she's going to be here the whole summer with us. I nodded and walked back up to my bedroom, changing into a pair of skinny jeans and a light blue blouse with a trail, slipping into my tan flats once more.

  When I returned to the living room, I found Nonna crushing Monika in a bone shattering hug. They separated when they noticed my presence and both casted warm smiles towards me.
Monika stepped forward and offered me her elbow. "Shall we?" She mocked humorously.

  "We shall," I replied, taking her arm in my own as we walked out the door. "Bye nonna!" I shouted back to her as we ventured out into the city, together.