Back To Normal

Felicia's P.O.V

  Its been weeks. I can't seem to move on. I've established a stable internet relationship with Sakura and Lumi, conversing with them from day to day as if we're childhood friends but I don't mind the interaction. In fact, I crave it, I miss everyone from camp. And the one I miss the most, hurts too much to think about. None of us have yet to receive the truth and explanation as to why we were sent away, but that's because the excuse and news don't add up. Apparently, they were needed for a family emergency but Germany's has been having internal conflicts with it's citizens. A rebellion or uprising of some sort.

Today was the first day of school, and I couldn't possibly be more annoyed. Maybe it was the fact that I had to walk to school through the rain or maybe it was the fact that I was late to my first period class, but I was pissed. The rain water flowed down my curves, soaking me from head to toe and leaving me with see through clothing. There was no way that I would last through the day to see tomorrow.

*Time Skip*

First period was ongoing, all I had to do was walk in and casually fit in, despite my minor differences in appearance, sure... A girl walks in late, soaked from head to toe, that's not the first impression I'd like to present to my fellow classmates but I suppose I can't control it...

Hesitantly slipping through the classroom door, I tip toe over to seat quietly, the teacher's pouring booming voice echoing throughout the silent room as she writes a few things down on the dry erase board, her back turned to the students.

Seeing this as my chance, I rush over to the only empty seat available. Only to be halted straight in my tracks by the teacher's, cold, piercing voice, "Excuse me! Where exactly were you when school began 30 minutes ago? This isn't summer anymore, sweetheart. I presume you're Vargas? Take a seat, but I want to speak with you after class, understand?"

For some strange odd reason, I stood straight up, with a stern expression before nodding my head and curtly answering with a yes ma'am. She was surprised to say the least but I wasted no time basking in my glory. The only seat left was one in third row, by the window, I sat down and began listen in on to what the teacher was actually talking about. Some first day rules that would last the year round.

Concentrating hard on not dowsing away, a soft tap to my shoulder awoke me once more, and I turn to find the boy besides me boasting a shy smile. He was average, not tall or short in the slightest, yet there was something to him. He had a gentle, glorious smile, dark brown hair, and a sweet aura that might follow him around. The thing to catch my attention was his eyes. They were dull. They couldn't even be considered blue, they were nothing like... It doesn't matter Felicia, stop think about her!

"Hello. I'm Carlo who are you?" Carlo greeted kindly, with a polite smile.

"I'm Felicia, its nice to meet you Carlo, you aren't Italian, are you?" I question curiously, noting his american accent.
"No, not really, I've been in Italy for the past five years and I can't seem to shake my american accent off just yet. But mark my words, one day, one day!" Carlo teases, holding his fist out inspirationally. I can't help giggling at his antics and before I know it, first period has flown by.

  *Time Skip*

  This whole day has been a wreck but it's not too bad. I have most of my classes with Carlo, and we've established a pleasant friendship. He even gave me his phone number during lunch, just so that we could talk to each other somewhere off of campus.

  Retracing my steps from earlier this morning, I can't help the nervous chuckle that I let loose. To think, it was raining and I was tripping over my own feet to get to school, and here I am, taking my own damned time to get there instead of running into a wall. I'm glad to be alone for the meanwhile to recollect my thoughts on today's past events but I really do wish someone was walking with me. And just like that, my prayer was answering.

  Quick, rushed, footsteps can be heard from far away but as the seconds ticked away, I could hear them approach me. And just like that, Carlo's, soft, brown head pops up besides me, "Hi! What are you doing walking alone?"

  Raising an eyebrow at the strange behavior, I answer calmly, "I'm walking home. You know, the thing all students do after school. Why?"

   Flashing a grin at me, he replies in a laid back tone, "Oh! Cool. Do you mind if I walk with you, my house is in that direction."

   "It's fine, I don't mind. So, why did you move to Italy?" Carlo pursed his lips together and looked down at the concrete, his facial expression just out of sight.

   "My parents are in love with the culture. The love everything about Italy so we moved over and they have yet to regret their decision. I miss my friends but I've adapted to living without them after so long. Hmmm... Do you have an friends outside of Italy?"

  For a moment, I considered Monika. No. I didn't consider her. I had the most upright urge to say yes, I have a beautiful German girlfriend but I couldn't do that.

  "Actually. Yes, yes I do. I have quite a few but my main two friends are a Fin and Japanese girl. The Fin is a girl by the name of Lumi, and the Japanese is a girl by the name of Sakura. I'm very fond of them." We turned a familiar corner and neared my house step by step.

  "Oh. Well they must mean a lot to you then," he claimed quietly as I halted in my tracks. When he noticed my stop, he did so too.

  "This is where I get off. I'll see you tomorrow. Okay?" I ask sweetly, turning in the direction of my large, warm house.

  "Alright, see ya!" He bids, walking off in the opposite direction. I walk up to the door and unlock it, immediately entering and relocking it. For some reason, my curiosity gets the better of me and I find myself peeking out the front door window to see Carlo running back the way we came from, a cocky expression paining his face. It didn't feel right but I watched him go, wondering why he had to go in the opposite direction of which he lived in.