Suspicions

Felicia's P.O.V

I rushed to find my purse, running from one side of the room to the other. Its been a good few months since that first dreadful day of school and we were finally free to winter break. Scurrying to my closet, I pick out a random tote bag and shove all of my necessary items into its content instead. Tonight, Carlo and I were going out.

Over the months, I've come to enjoy his company. And slowly, with each passing day, I lost hope that Monika would ever reach me. She was a ghost of the past, and I was haunted. Carlo was so sweet and passionate but I refused to give him a chance until now. If Monika hadn't contacted me before, she sure as hell won't now. So I did the only thing my broken heart would think to do, screw up and say yes to a night out with Carlo.

Carlo was currently outside, I didn't want him coming into the house, Lovi and nonna would lose it and interrogate the very makings of his soul. I didn't want it to work and yet my mind rationed that I should so I dolled myself up with a light tan, sleeveless, dress that reached my knees with a pair of tan flats. I denied the want to cake my face with lies (makeup) and tied my hair back.

"Where are you going Feli?" Nonna questioned, stopping me as I made my way to the door. The ivory handle in my grasp. So close yet so far.

"I'm going out for a bit... A nice long walk, something wrong?" I turned to her, tilting my head.

"Yes, I'm cockblocking you," she began as she walked over to me, throwing an warm sweater over my head. "Its chilly outside even for Italy and if you're going out with a boy, you won't come back with his dirty sweater. Honestly, why couldn't you have been lesbian?"

I heard the choking sounds of Lovi from the other room, bet she wasn't prepared for nonna to say that. And neither was I. In fact, I was more shocked than not.

"Nonna!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening as my jaw dropped a fraction of an inch.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, but seriously, be careful. I want your phone with you at all times. And remember, I can track you with your phone's chip so don't do anything reckless." She scolded, she was acting... Off. Almost as if she knew something I didn't but I shook it.

"I'll be careful, I promise," I slip out of the front entrance and run through the front lawn to where Carlo had patiently been awaiting me. I hopped into his car and shut the door.

"What took you so long?" Maybe I imagined it but I swear I heard a dark undertone to his simple question.

"Oh, nothing at all, just my nonna keeping me back. She was worried about me so I calmed her fears. Let's go before she can change her mind, no?" I masked my worry and pushed it to the back of my mind. Carlo switched to driving and immediately sped away from my dear home.

The silence was awkward and I've never been in a situation such as this one. Carlo wouldn't catch my eye and kept to himself, completely reserved.

"So, where are we going?" I ask timidly, shattering the awkwardness surrounding us.

"It's a surprise," he answered finally, a carefree smile immediately covering his past snarl. Grabbing my hand, he traced circles over my knuckles and continued to drive along. "But it'll take a while to get there so you're welcome to fall asleep."

"That sounds like a challenge," I salute with my other free hand. Collapsing on the seat and allowing my body to ease into a comfortable sleeping position. "Yes sir!"

*Time Skip Bitch*

A gentle sway awakens me and I find myself staring into Carlo's, dull, blue eyes. "Come on, we're here."

Nodding, I obediently straighten myself up and climb out, taking his hand in my own. It was smaller than hers...

We head towards a glowing building, music playing so loudly that the ground outside shakes with tremors similar to that of an earthquake. The two males standing outside look us up and down and after Carlo announces his arrival, they move aside and allow us to enter.

"I've never been to a rave party," I comment with a grin.

"Well, my lovely, you've now officially attended one. Go out and socialize, dance for a bit, I have to go a find someone, I'll be back with some of your favorite soda," he begins, softly placing a chaste kiss on my forehead. "Have fun!"

And just like that, my date abandoned me. On the bright side, I'm social, I can make this work. I head towards the dance floor and find myself swaying my hips to the harmony of the music. Slowly, my hips and feet begin to compromise and I find myself in the center of the dancefloor, all eyes on me. It was fun and exciting, giving me a bright glowing sensation in the out of my stomach.

After a few more songs, I face off with other party members, defeating each one as I sweat and laugh joyfully. When exhaustion hits, I dismiss myself and promise to return. The problem now, I had no idea where I was going.

Following instinct, I trudge through the hallways until I arrive at what must be the kitchen. It seems no one is here, until I hear two voices talking. One that's all too familiar.

"What do you mean they have leads?" Carlo snarls, a hatred I've never heard in his voice before.

"They've been onto us since midsummer. That little girlfriend of yours is what's fucking us over. Why do you think the best of the best, which so happens to be her fucking teacher, is tracking us down. That bitch has her eyes set on your girl and she'll do anything she has to, to protect her," another rugged voice replies just as infuriated.

"Well too bad, do you how hard its been to get her to forget about that damned bitch? I bet even now she still thinks about her. It took me six months!" Carlo replies.

"You're losing your charm, if you don't hurry, Monika will find you and destr-" my ability to listen in is suddenly unable to comprehend much after this mystery man mentions her. What are they talking about. What's going on.

The air is surprisingly suffocating and I find myself retracing my steps in a blur until I've run out the front door. My legs pumped beneath me and I feel the burning sensation deep within my calves but choosing to ignore it, I manage to make it to Carlo's car. Taking my phone out, I dial his number and call him, telling him I'm tired and I wasn't feeling good.

It was true though, I wasn't feeling good physically but what really hurt were my emotions. What does this all mean? Damn, just when I thought was moving on, Monika pulls me right back in.