Chapter 22

I know I owe all of you an explanation, please read the author's note at the end. Enjoy!

Brendan's POV

"Rose is nice, a lovely choice brother." My gaze snapped to my sister. Unexpected, but now, she's made so many unannounced appearances, it's become normal. She walked into the room with flowing grace, much like our mother. Her hair was now cut short, a drastic change from the last encounter I had with her. Something fresh, a new start. Much like one I had been trying to make.

"Hello Jo. It's nice to see you. I wasn't expecting you this early." She dismissed me with the flick of her hand. Jo moved to sit on my chair, crossing her feet on the desk. My sister always had the habit of making herself at home, one habit which I wasn't fond of.

"Tying up the loose ends back at home didn't take me as long as I expected." Flashing a smile, a devious look crossed her eyes. Her blue orbs were shining with mischief, letting me know what I had asked of her had been taken care of. She stayed silent for a minute, mulling something over in her brain. I waited, watching as she put pieces together of a puzzle I had never seen.

"You could have at least contacted me. I did have my phone you know. Then again, you've never been one to keep in touch." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. There were a lot of things I haven't told her recently, trying to pinpoint one would be impossible. Guessing would just be digging myself into a deeper grave. She had been nagging me lately to improve the lines of communication I had with her, she was feeling isolated from the pack.

"Please, sister, enlighten me on what you seem to be rambling on about." She released a heavy sigh, closing her eyes in annoyance.

"Rose, the one you claimed as your mate. How is this not ringing a bell to you? She just passed me, well rather, slammed into me, on my way in." She took her legs off my desk and walked towards me, her lips stretched into a frown. With every word she was saying, I was becoming more and more unsettled.

"I don't know a Rose unless-" Janie. I moved past Jo, desperately trying to reach her room. The door was locked, and no matter how loud I called, she didn't answer. Her scent had long since faded but, I had to get in there. She wouldn't leave me now, we had come so far.

The door fell to the ground as I frantically looked around for her glowing presence to be in the room. The bond was pounding in my head, feeling hot against my skin. She wasn't here.

I have to, need to, find her.

I have to.

I need to.

I need her.

six months later.

Her screams echoed against the stone floors as I slammed the door shut, increasing in volume as I tightened the lock. I smirked as the keys clinked in my pocket.

She would never see daylight again.

hello! hi!

its me !

i missed you all !

yay im happy and excited !
(i know this is short, but hey at least im back! we have to start somewhere right ?)

but seriously, ive been gone for about 9.2 light years and im truly and deeply sorry. when i last wrote, i wasn't in a good place, and there have been the lowest of lows, and the highest of highs since then. i have finally found a balance for now, and my want to write has finally returned. i am ready to whip this 6 month time jump at you guys, and i know there is some serious explaining to do.

thank you for those returning, that have held on to hope for so long. im back and here to stay guys.

thank you for the new readers.

thank you everyone for wishing me well and for believing in me.

as always,
-neary17