Chapter 6

My blood dripped on the ground as I staggered away from the crime scene. The wolves would wake up soon, and I did not want to be there when they did. It was simpler than I thought to get away from them. All I had to do was turn them against one another, finding the trust issues they had with each other. At the end, they were fighting themselves, not me.

I found haven deep inside my mind as I curled up into a ball on the forest floor to sleep.  The cold was nipping at my fur, the harsh winds rustling through my ears, making me whimper. I knew sleep was not coming to take me anytime soon, and I knew I was too close to those rouges, but I didn't have a care in the world.

I was tired of running, not facing my fears. I would not stay a shy, locked up little girl, I wanted to be independent, and turn my crappy life into something better. I knew I was pulling at strings, but I wanted to be someone, someone important.

I would stop at nothing until I wasn't scared anymore, because, spending time with the real me, made me feel really good. I wasn't hiding behind my abuse and scars anymore, I was becoming the true kick ass lady I was born to be.

The blood on my leg had slowly dried up, but from the lasting pain, I knew it had to be broken. I had this happen to me many times, so many I could almost instantly tell how bad the break was, and if I needed to see a doctor or not. I had shifted back from my wolf, only so I could see how bad it really was.

Sighing, I realized that I needed to get help, or it may never heal properly. I limped north until I came across what seemed to be a bustling village, full of people. With one glance at myself, I thought if I walked in to their town like this, I would probably be shamed to no end. I hid in the trees, napping until the sun had gone down enough to hide me.

As soon as I took one step onto their streets, heads snapped towards me, smelling the horrible stench of rouge coming off me. A few bore their teeth at me, some going as far to growl. I ducked my head down and clutched myself, looking for any source of clothes.

Within a few minutes, a small lady had set her gaze on me and instantly rushed over. Her arms wrapped around me, sending glares to everyone looking on, trying her best to hurry me away to who knows where. In an instant, a dressing store came into my sight, and I let go of a breath I was holding.

This lady's arms were still around me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I was not used to people touching me this long. She let go, thankfully, for I thought she sensed my unease, but she pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the shop's doors. Latching onto me again, this lady almost dragged me to the back, where she proceeded to hand me a big men's shirt.

Happy that my body was finally covered, I followed her as she beckoned me further back, leading me behind a set of double doors that opened to a kitchen. This savior motioned me to sit as she made what looked to be tea. I got up, ready to help her, but this lady had other ideas.

"Sit your little butt down, young lady. You won't get out of telling me your story by helping my little old self." So much for lending a hand. The kettle soon started to screech, and she set down a cup infront of me, sitting down herself. I hesitantly chugged the drink down, wincing as the heat burned my tongue. The mysterious lady chuckled.

"Watch yourself, dear. We wouldn't want you getting hurt now would we?" She cast me a glance in my direction, staring from under her dark eyelashes. Her sparkling brown eyes watched my every move as I tried to get myself out of this situation. Seeing no other option, I gulped.

"MynameisJanieandIamarougebecauseIranawayandIfoundmymateandranfromhimtooand-" I was sharply cut off by a snort.

"Child, calm down and take a breath. No one will come for you here, so take all the time you need. I on the other hand, am Caroline, and if you couldn't tell, I own this shop, and proud of it. I live just upstairs, and I have three children and six grandchildren, so far." Her hands were swinging back and forth, showing me faint wrinkles that surrounded Caroline's small hands.

I took a deep breath, realizing just how tired I was, and the warm cozy atmosphere was doing nothing to help. I swallowed down a yawn, wanting to give my savior at least a few answers.

"First off, my name is Janie. I came from my old pack, and I am now a rouge. I was just looking for some clothes when I had came here, and I was blessed enough to find you." I left out the parts of my mate and the abuse this time around, this poor old woman didn't need to know, actually, nobody did. The only reason I told her I was rouge was because I could smell the werewolf in her.

She seemed to process this new information over, and I thought she was going to kick me out, until she offered her hand out to me, "Hello Janie, it's so nice to meet you. I hope you do plan on staying, I like to think I was blessed to find you." I blushed a deep red at her words it was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, ever. I hid under the large blond curtain of my hair, trying to shield my emotions from this stranger that I just met.

For some reason though, she felt like an old friend, someone that I had known for my whole life. She interrupted my day dreaming with a question I never thought anyone would ask to me.

"Well, dear, since you will obviously need to hold yourself up and you need a friend, would you like a job with me?"

I like Caroline already.

***
New chapter! Hope you all enjoy!
I just took a math test today and I think a part of me died...
All of you are beautiful and never forget it!
-neary17