Chapter 10 : Tingly

Alex's POV

I was walking to Potions class with Ron complaining about the joint classes with Slytherin.

I'd have to see his face. 

We were turning around the corner down to the dungeons when a hand came over my mouth and pulled me back. Ron hadn't noticed. He'd obviously hadn't been listening to my complaints and was just drifting off. 

I squirmed around trying to scream. Making a split-second decision, I stuck my tongue out and licked the hand. Ugh, the germs.

The hand jerked away, and I twirled around, aiming a kick at the person's stomach. 

I heard a choke and a gasp. 

"BLOODY HELL ALEX! Wh-what was that?" the person coughed, wiping his hand on my robe. 

I recognized the messy black hair. Harry? 

His green eyes looked up into mine.

"Harry? What was that? That was for the sudden mouth covering and kidnapping you did. Anyways we're gonna be late for Potions, come on!" I said, pulling on his arm.

Harry didn't budge. 

"Alex, I pulled you over 'cause I needed to tell you something."

"Then go on," I said eagerly. 

"Um... I..."

"Oh Harry. Tell me later, alright? We'll be late, and Snape won't be happy," I said, walking away. 

"Alex, I like you!"

What did he just say?

"W-what?" I stammered, blushing.

"I like you, Alex. Will you go out with me?" Harry asked.

"Harry Potter, you have the worst timing ever."

"Stop avoiding the question, Alex," Harry replied.

"I... I have to get back to you on that one. I"ll tell you by tonight, alright?" I told him. 

"Alright, Alex. Let's go then," he said, gripping my hand. 

Sparks sent around my body. 

I felt a little tingly at my fingertips. 

I was going tingly for Harry Potter. My best friend.  

I closed my eyes, and saw his lightning scar and bright green eyes. 

Damn, I got over boys quickly.

I avoided all eye contact with him, and made all eye contact with him. Him as in Harry, him as in evil bastard.

Every time I looked at Harry, he was already staring. When our eyes locked, he'd wink at me and I'd blush furiously. Then I'd get yelled at by Snape to focus.

Hermione knew something was up. She just hadn't asked. Yet.  

*************************************************************************************************************

Lunch. I slid into the seat next to Alice and grabbed the nearest chicken wing and started munching. 

"So, anything happen lately?" Alice asked.

"Whai?" I said, covering my mouth.

"You know, you're acting kind of suspicious. Just a bit."

"...Harry asked me out," I whispered.

Alice screamed. 

Everyone turned and looked at her. 

I felt my face turning red. 

"ALICE," I hissed. 

"Sorry!" she shouted, then turned back to me. "I can't. BELIEVE. The boy who lived asked you out! So did you say yes? WELL OF COURSE YOU SAID YES, you've had a crush on Harry since forever!" Alice said to herself with a laugh. 

"Well actually," I started, but got cut off. 

"WHAT? Did you say no? OHMYGOD, how could you? Is this because of Draco? COME ON BABE! GET OVER HIM! You've had a crush on Harry since the day we sat with him on the train in our first year. And it wasn't even because he was Harry Potter, the boy who lived. It was because he was Harry, that cute guy who was duper friendly to you!"

"I said I'd get back to him," I told her. 

"Hey no. That gives a bad message to the boy. He'll think oh, she doesn't want me."

"No, Harry's not like that," I protested. I hoped that was true. I had to believe myself. 

"Well, you better tell him fast. Look, here he comes!" she said excitedly. 

"Alice! Don't leave!" I pleaded. 

"I need to study for my Transfiguration test!" she said, sashaying away. 

"WHAT TRANSFIGURATION TEST?" I yelled at her as she ran away. 

Excuses, excuses. 

"Hey, Alex." Harry's soothing voice came into my ear. 

"Harry..." 

"Have you thought about what I said earlier?" he asked, taking the seat Alice was in just a few moments ago. 

"Yeah," I hesitated. I was over Draco, wasn't I? He didn't matter to me, and I loved Harry. He was my best friend and my long time crush. How could I not say yes?

"So, what's your answer?" he asked patiently. 

"Harry, I. I... Yes, I'd love to go out with you!" I exclaimed, kissing him on the cheek. 

He blushed furiously and murmured, "yes!" then turned back to me. 

Harry hugged me tightly and looked me in the eyes. 

His bright green eyes shined beautifully. 

"I love you Alex Parker, I'd do nothing to hurt you and I'll always protect you."

Before I could say anything, his lips met mine and sparks flew. 

We were just enjoying it for a few seconds when we heard a familiar "Oy!" 

Pulling away, I looked around for Ron. 

"Stop snogging you two! You guys are my best friends! Awgh, gee. I'm scarred for life."

"You're too immature, Ron." Hermione said, appearing out of nowhere. 

"Herms? Where did you come from?" I said, surprised. 

"I was here all this time, what are you talking about?" she said calmly. 

"No way..." I said, rubbing my eyes. 

"Ron, you ruined their moment," Hermione said, changing the subject. 

"Not my fault, it was completely uncalled for in this public place!"

"Oh shut up, Ronald! You're just jealous cause you don't have a girl yet!" I told him with a grin. 

"Alexandra, I will get you one day."

"I'm sure you will, Ronald. I'm sure you will."

I was busy giggling, and didn't see Ginny's jealous stares directed toward me.