Chapter 8 : To Hell With Malfoy

Alex's POV

As I entered the Great Hall, I looked around for the familiar red headed 5’4” Weasley.

I had to discuss my nightmare with him, Ron was my best friend and he always listened to me. I could trust him with anything. As much as we fought, we always had each others backs and knew that we could count on each other. We'd always manage to get back together, apologize, and have more fun. He'd give the best advice, and was hilarious, although not as much as his brothers. 

I furiously scanned the crowd of students once more, looking for my carrot topped Gryffindor buddy. 

“ALEX!” I heard a shout from the far end of the Gryffindor table. It was Ron, waving his hand wildly, inviting me to come over and sit with him. I grinned at him, just one look at Ron would make my day. I hastened toward him, eager to tell him about the horrible dream and hear what he had to say. 

I took a seat next to him, and looked at him in the eye. He stared intently back at me. 

“What’s wrong?” he finally spoke. My eyes twitched, remembering the dream I saw again. Draco and Alice’s sickly sweet voices filled up my head. I shook my head furiously, pushing the vision out of my head. 

“Ron…” I looked into his eyes again. His light blue eyes twinkled with curiosity and he looked patiently at me. “I… I had this nightmare yesterday, and. I, I haven’t told anyone what it was about yet. Well, I wanted to hear what you thought about it and well I just wanted to spill it to someone. I, I thought maybe you might listen to me? Please?” I pleaded. Ron gave me a smirk, and waited for me to continue. I opened my mouth to confess about my crush on Draco when I suddenly heard him screech from across the room. 

“I AM NOT GAY, ZABINI!”

Most people in the Hall turned around towards Draco, to see what the commotion was about. I saw him glaring at Blaise Zabini. As I was wondering what they were talking about, I saw Blaise return a comeback, snickering at Draco. Draco’s face turned red with anger and shouted into Blaise’s face. 

“Shut it, Zabini! I am not gay, and I would not fall for a Gryffindor bitch like Parker!”

I stood there for a moment, taking in all the words I’d just heard from the mouth of my dear crush whom I’d kissed the night before. 

The clinking of the utensils being used to eat breakfast stopped making noise. All the casual talk had died down.

I saw Malfoy clamp his hand over his mouth. Obviously too late, everyone had heard his every breath.

I tried so hard to blink back my tears, but I could do nothing to stop them. Teardrops rolled down my face as I watched Malfoy in disgust. Why, how could he say that about me? Perhaps my dream was a sign, to stay away from him. Maybe he was as bad as we always thought he was. Why did I have to fall for him? Now my heart was broken, all because I thought he might actually be different if you got to know him. I was so, so wrong. 

Malfoy was looking at me, devastated; I assumed he was acting. He then glared at Blaise, like Blaise had done anything, then darted for the Great Hall doors. No one tried to stop, although Pansy looked like she desperately wanted to follow him. My eyes travelled across the room, following Malfoy’s every movement as he charged out the door. 

What a retard. I couldn’t believe I had believed that our kiss had some kind of hidden meaning. It was probably one of his casual hook ups, leading girls on and then breaking their hearts. What a player and a douche. 

Had I really been that dumb to believe that we had a thing?

He was so persuasive with his sexy voice. Retard, now my self confidence lowered even more.

But he didn't matter to me now... did he?

He was so mean, I hated him so much. I can't believe he publicly humiliated me. In front of the whole school, in front of the professors. 

Suddenly I felt warm arms wrapping around my body, I found myself in an embrace with Ron Weasley. His body heat warmed me, and I smiled to myself. His presence comforted me, reminding me that I still had my friends that I could count on. 

"Love you, Weasley," I murmured into Ron's chest. 

“Hey, Alex. Don’t give a shit about what Malfoy says, all right? Cause you’re amazing, and everyone else knows it,” Harry said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

I blushed at the touch of Harry's lips on my skin.

"Thanks Harry," I muttered under my breath. 

“Yeah, you’re the exact opposite of what a bitch is. You’re pretty and nice and awesome!” Ron said, giving me quick peck on my other cheek. 

I blushed even more as another set of soft lips touched me. I smiled at the both of them; I was so glad I’d chosen their compartments to sit in on the first day of Hogwarts. 

The girls came over, breaking me and Ron apart as they crushed me with their arms in a group hug. 

“Mm, don’t worry Lex. He was a prick anyway…” Alice murmured into my ear. 

“Hey, we could still fight over Harry and Ron!” Hermione whispered and winked at me. Giggling, I poked at Hermione's pink cheeks. She was such a sweet and funny girl. 

‘Who the hell would care about Malfoy when you had these 4 best friends?’ I thought to myself. 

Some one crazy and retarded. 

That would not be me. 

I loved my friends so much, they were amazing; to hell with Malfoy.