Chapter 13 : Silver vs. Green

A/N: I hope none of you mind that this is barely following along with the actual book and the order of the classes are different and such but I'll try to go along with it a bit! Or quite a lot I guess as I use a lot of direct passages from the book. You might recognize them (: I change some parts though. But I thought this part would need the original and such. Anyways, thank you all so much for supporting this story (: I love getting your comments!

Alex's POV

I excused myself from the table and started for class early. Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid. I was pretty pumped but to be honest, I was a little worried for Hagrid considering it was his first day. I wanted to go down there early and give him some encouragement, maybe a pep talk. I was about to go down the steps to his hut when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me over by the rocks.

"Ow!" I flinched at the tight grip and tugged my wrist away. I rolled my eyes as soon as I saw who it was. "What do you want Malfoy? Haven't you done enough damage?" I asked, rubbing my wrist.

"Skye, please just hear me out..." he said pleadingly.

"What is there to say? I understand completely what is going on," I told him.

"You do?" he said, confused.

"Yes, you just played me like you do with all the other girls. You made me believe you liked me and then made a joke out of it. So yes, I get it. You are very welcome, I am so glad I was able to make you laugh. Now I'm gonna go, so please excuse me if you will, Mr. Malfoy," I head for Hagrid's hut once more, only to be stopped again by the wrist.

"Skye, please," he begged. I turned around to see him on his knees.

"Well, I never thought I'd see the day Draco Malfoy begging on his knees," I said with a laugh. I waited for a reaction, but Draco didn't give me a furious look or anything. He kept staring at the ground and I'm pretty sure he was trembling. "Okay, just spit it out. What do you want to say?"

"I want to say sorry. I want to tell you that I didn't mean what I said at lunch. I want to tell you that I was just scared of being judged. I want to tell you that I was afraid of ruining my reputation as a bad boy. I want to tell you that I was wrong, I don't care about my reputation or how I'm being judged as long as I'm with you. I want to tell you that I didn't play you. I genuinely have fallen in love with you, Alexandra Skye Parker." His silver eyes pierced mine and I could tell he wasn't kidding. But what was I supposed to? I was pretty sure I had gotten over Draco, but maybe I was kidding myself. But that didn't mean that the feelings I had for Harry weren't real. I sighed. I was one messed up kid.

"Look, Draco. I'm not saying that the kiss on that first night wasn't genuine. But, what you said really hurt me and my friends comforted me, including Harry. And well, Harry and I, we're a thing now and I just don't want to hurt him like you hurt me. So I'm sorry..." I fell silent.

I realized that Draco had still had his hands around my wrist as his grip loosened. He turned around and silently walked back toward the castle.

As I watched his robe sway in the wind, I wondered if that was the right decision. I shook my head, pushing Draco out of my mind.

"I have to go talk to Hagrid," I told myself.

I trotted down the stone steps toward Hagrid's hut. I found him sitting outside the door on the steps to his hut looking eager for his first day.

"Hagrid!" I call out to him. He looks up at the sound of my voice and gives me a grin too big for even his face.

"Alex! What are yeh doin'? Yer here so early!"