Chapter Twenty.

WARNING! Happening of suicide in this Particular chapter!

You stumbled into the room, with Bucky guiding you in but once he was inside you darted past him and locked the door just as he saw the gun and paper on the bed. He looked at you confused, eyebrow raised as you held your hands together behind your back.

"Y/n?"

"I'm too much of a coward to do it myself, I can't live on knowing what I have done and what I have caused, I am selfish" you informed and he shifted his weight from one leg to the other as he spoke.

"What are you talking about? Your not going to do what I think your going to do,I won't let you"

You didn't even give him time to speak further on as your face turned blank and you frame stilled.

"Longing, rusted"

His frame instantly stiffened and he edged closer cautiously.

"Y/n stop, there's no need to do this"

"Seventeen, Daybreak"

He stood in an offensive stance and readied to pounced so he could stop you.

"Furnace"

He lunged and attempted to wrap his arms around your neck but you just ducked and slipped through his legs. You had no intention of stopping and...he knew that.

"Nine, Benign"

He groaned out in frustration, hands on his head as he screamed for you to shut up.

"Homecoming, One"

"Y/n!"

"I'm sorry" you whispered. "Freight car"

His frame stilled, a robotic look on his face as he awaited his orders.

"Your last mission as the Winter Soldier is to shoot me down, once this mission is complete your line of duty as the Winter soldier will be through" you choked out, hands trembling and sweating as your face paled and heart thumped widely.

He just nodded once before grasping the gun of your bed and cocking it against your temple. You bit your lip and a single tear ran from your eyes as you spoke the last final words you would ever say and took your final breathe.

"Strelyat"

And he did, the trigger rang through the entire building and your lifeless body dropped to the floor, bathed in a pool of your own Crimson blood. Bucky snapped from his daze and when seeing your body and the gun in his hand, he screamed out. It wasn't long until all of the Avengers were at the broken down door, filing into the room and gasping out of horror and sadness.

"Y/n!" Wanda screamed, red tendril dancing with the remains of your powers that filtered into the air as they left your frame.

Nat had to place her forehead against Bruce's collarbone, not wishing to look as Wanda gripped onto her brother, Tony hung back with Thor and Sam and Steve and Clint moved to Bucky's side before eying the piece of paper. Steve's frame moved towards the bed and he shakily lifted the paper and opened it. It was written on, more importantly by you.

My dearest Family,

I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I couldn't live with the guilt of knowing that I had torn you apart and lost my best friends life over my selfish actions. It has eaten away at me ever since and nothing could have changed that.
I was given a chance when being taken in by S.H.I.E.L.D and I knew of the risks when taking that undercover mission. I thought that all that lay ahead for me was death, I never expected to find a family through all of this mess, and for that I am grateful.
That isn't to say I wouldn't go back in time and change it, I would go back but the only difference I would make is that B/f/n is by my side.
So now I say Sorry, to all of you for leaving because of my own selfish needs...but I am greatly sorry for Bucky. I'm sorry for pulling you back through something that you never wanted to experience again, but I was too much of  a coward to pull the trigger myself.
I say goodbye to all of you and hope that my passing does not drag you down but brings you closer together, friends, a team, a family.
Clint, I am sorry my love. I can't explain the amount of regret I hold for the horrendous things and actions I have put you through, but right now all I can do is ask for your forgiveness. I love you with all my heart my love and I hope you do not dwell on me for too long, I want for you to move on, find a true love and make it your own. I will always be there for you, for all of you.
But now I must go, I'm running out of space to write and yes, I lost my fight but hold on tight.
Your the Avengers...what could go wrong?

~Y/n L/n, Lux.
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, Avenger

That was the night...they lost a colleague, a team mate, a friend...a piece of family.