Chapter Eleven.

It was a close call.

Your chest tightened in anticipation and dread, your muscles tensed and your fists were clenched as you dodged frantically.
The arrow missed you by an inch, and that inch would have ended with Rogers team winning.

Your eyes blazed with rage as you lunged for Clint, arms wrapping around his neck as you fought and tussled. Somewhere amongst your tossing and turning you had ended at the edge of the roof and he fell, only for him to grab your arm and drag you down with him.
That wasn't how you wanted it to end though.
So, a circle of wind encased you both and you landed softly onto the ground.

He let out a small breath of relief before you balled an orb of wind in your hand and pushed your palm onto his chest and sent him flying.
Your team was slowly slipping on the ropes and the other team was winning.

Until a roar sounded from the distance, and the next think you knew a green blur was back to back with you.

"Been awhile big guy" you greeted.

He grunted in response, a smirk on his face as he let out a roar. Yep, everyone knew of his prescence now.

"Take out Thor" you ordered and he chuffed before pouncing for the Norse God.

"Y/n..dodge" Bucky called and you looked to see five arrows headed straight for you.

You just huffed before dodging them all in one swift motion, flipping and cart wheeling over them. You lunged for Barton, gripping his arms andp pinning him to the floor.

"Im sorry Clinton, my heart may love and accept you but, my mind does not" you breathed out, a tear slipping down your cheeks as you watched his eyes glaze over and him nod solemnly.
"Did you wait?"

"Always" he replied, his hot breath fanning against your face as you leaned closer towards him.

It was no suprise as your lips meshed together, the kiss hot and passionate. As you pulled away for air though, a sorrowful gleam glimmered through your eyes.

"Im sorry"

"Theres no stopping you is there?"

"Sadly, no"

He just raised his bow as you released his arms and whilst only being propped up he shot a stunning arrow past you.
You turned around to see Sam on the floor, completely knocked out.
You turned to look at Clint who was now stood up in shock but he just shook his head before helping you stand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Always" you grinned.

"Then, lets go kick some ass" he cheered and you both lunged back into battle.

You were back to back with B/f/n and Bucky, Wanda had paired up with Clint and the Hulk and Natasha were tagging their fights. Everything was going well, and you were all slowly winning. Until... gun shots echoed of the walls of the station.

You jerked your head back, everything going silent and still around you as horror filled your eyes.
Your arms fell to your sides, body trembling and mouth agape. You reluctantly moved your gaze to the floor, not wanting to confirm what you saw and heard. Yet, it was true.

There, lying motionless on the cold, hard floor, covered with bullet holes and scarlet liquid was one of your own. Your first friend, your sister, the only strand of family you had left. Gone. All gone.

Your legs stuttered beneath you before they finally gave way and you slipped to the floor, hands limp at yours sides. Tears slipped down your cheeks and a raw scream ripped your throat that made everyone shudder and hairs stand on end. A strong earthquake shook the ground and the station started to crumble.
You slowly raised your gaze to see Fury stood there, gun in hand as he glanced at you, a look of pity on his face that you instantly despised.

You didn't blame him though, he may hold the gun but he wasn't the killer at heart. You blamed yourself.