Chapter Eighteen.

You took out agent after agent, working side by side with Steve and Bucky as they covered you and you covered them.

"Agent, four o'clock" Steve informed and you quickly took him out with a kick to the jaw.

"Your back" you stated blandly and Bucky smashed his metal fist into the guys stomach, knocking him out.

You watched as a blue blur speeded past, taking out a nearing threat. You smiled softly, even with a broken arm Pietro was still at the top of his game. Then your smile faltered, you were the reason his arm was broken, you were the reason none of them were at hundred percent health. Abandoning the two super soldiers sides, you brandished your weapon and slit an agents throat.

"Remind me to never piss Y/n off. Again"

You then took on a gaurd, he shot at you several times but missed everyone as you dodged them all. He, however had sucessfully knocked your gun out of your hand and you had dropped your dagger near Wanda.

"Shit"

"Now, now, now!" He tutted, gripping your jaw in one of his meaty hands and lifting you of the ground, causing you to squirm and wiggle in his grasp.
"Such foul words shouldn't come from a prescious lady such as yourself" he taunted, breathe fanning down your neck that made you shudder and cringe in disgust.

"Im...warning you...release...me" you croaked, his fingers digging into your skin and pressing against your teeth that you wouldn't be suprised if one of them chipped.

"Oh darling, you couldn't do anything" he purred, nearing his face closer and you quickly caught sight of the others who had finished their fights.

"Shouldn't we help her?"  Pietro questioned through the earpiece.

"No, she's going to snap soon. You can see it in her eyes and when she does that guy is dead" Barnes hummed and they all watched as you stilled in the Mans grip.

"Come Babe, why don't you leave your shitty team and join my side. I'll spare you" he purred.

You just spat in his face, his head reeling back in disgust and before he could roar out an insulf you had acted. Gripping your hands around the wrist that held you up, you brought your legs up and wrapped them around his arm. Letting your hands go, you twisted yourself around and sat on his shoulders. Placing your hands onto his mouth, you shoved water down his throat and slowly suffocated him before drowining him.

Jumping off his frame once he hit the floor, you dusted your clothes off before glaring down at his still body.

"Sorry, but Im taken" you growled before heading over to the others and wrapping your arm around Clints waist.

He placed a kiss on your temple as you headed back to the jet, the balls of fire dying out as you all boarded and set off into the air.
You and Banner helped heal what injuries you could before you headed to sit by Barton and Banner sat by Natasha.  Your hands intertwined with Clint's and you dropped your head onto his shoulder.

"You know what happens tomorrow don't you?" He whispered softly, kissing your hair line as she squeezed your hand in a comforting way.

"Yeah..." you breathed out, eyes dropping slowly as slumbed began to slowly over take you.

"We'll be by your side everystep of the way"

~Time Skip~

It was around one in the morning when you awoke, finding yourself in an over sized purple shirt and simple black cotton shorts in Clint's room. He must have brought you here when you fell asleep on the quinjet and must have changed you out of your fight suit. You rolled over in the bed to see a sleeping Clint at your side, chest rising and falling at a steady pace and a peacful look on your face.
A soft smile formed onto your lips before you slipped from the covers, not being able to sleep no more so you headed to the kitchen in the main room for a coffee.

With the heated mug in your hand, you dropped yourself onto the couch, everything silent as everyone else was asleep. Your mind was wandering a thousand miles a minute, memories running through your mind that you couldn't help but cry to.
In a couple of hours the sun and everyone would be rising, pulling on dark coloured clothing to watch someone one of their comrades loved and cherished be buried under the ground.

It could never have been prevented...could it?