Chapter Thirteen.

~I dont own the song 'Gasoline' it is by Halsey!~

You swiftly made your way to the music room, no one seeing your frame sneak in and out of the gathering room to get to where you wanted to be. Pulling open the double doors you entered and the smell of polish from the cleaned stage hit your nose as you ventured further inside, the door creaking to a close.
You made your way onto the stage, fingers gliding over the piano.

A nostalgic smile made it's way onto your face, the keys smooth under your touch. You hestitantly took oa seat on the bench, fingers trembling as you closed your eyes until a rhythm filled your head and you pressed down on the keys, the sounds filling the air. You closed your eyes, the sound of the piano filling your ears as you began to sing.

You bowed your head down, fingers skimming across the keys.

Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?
Bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me?
Just to pour that motherfucker down the drain like me?
Would you use your water bill to dry the stain like me?

You hunched foward, hair falling infront of your face, casting a shadow over your closed eyes.

Are you high enough without the Mary Jane like me?
Do you tear yourself apart to entertain like me?
Do the people whisper 'bout you on the train like me?
Saying that you shouldn't waste your pretty face like me?

You sat up straight, posture perfect as you heard the door open and feet shuffling against the floor. You knew they were all there, watching, listening, but you didn't stop singing.

And all the people say,

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream,
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being,
With your face all made up, living on a screen,
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline."

A sad smile made its way onto your lips, you shook your head to move your hair out of your way as you sang.

Oh, oh, oh, oh,
I think there's a flaw in my code,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
These voices won't leave me alone,

Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold,

You finally opened your eyes, your e/c orbs glazed over as you fought back the odd tear.

Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers cause you'll never take the blame like me?

And all the people say,

You bit back the lump in your throat as your voice shook and your hands trembled

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream,
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being,
With your face all made up, living on a screen,
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline."

Oh, oh, oh, oh,
I think there's a flaw in my code,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
These voices won't leave me alone,

You flexed your finger as they pressed and glided along the keys, staring at them through a blurred gaze as all you could see was blood. B/f/n's blood. It was all your fault, you blamed yourself.

Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold.

You stood up after hitting the final key, drawing in a heavy breath and settling your shaking as you turned to look as the the Team watching.
Your clasped your hands together, to try and steady the only thing that wouldn't stop trembling.

"Im sorry, my actions were selfish and rash, I shouldn't have done what I did. I should have just accepted your help and fulfilled the mission properly, or skipped the mission all together. However, now because of me your all injured because of a fight I caused. Not only that the Director was forced to take matters into his own hands and take B/f/n out"

"Y/n. No one blames you for what happened, we chose to fight on our own will, not yours. And you were doing what any of us would have done to save and protect a friend, but we saw that a bit too late. We should be saying sorry too" Steve replied, a soft smile on his face and welcoming and accepting auras around everyone else that made you slip to the floor in a heap of tears.

"Im sorry!"

Clint made his way over to you, arms gingerly wrapping around you as he stroked your hair and kissed your forehead.

"So are we"