An Ominous Appearance

"Mimbulus Numbletonia! Really? How on earth will this help us in anything?" Ron grunted. "It's Mimbulus Mim-bletonia Ron," Hermione corrected him. "Whatever! It's not like we'll be asked on how to identify poisonous Stinksaps from non-poisonous ones when we apply for being aurors." Hermione rolled her eyes hastliy, "What have we got next?" "Transfiguration," said Harry checking his time table.
                   "May I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall started, "today we'll be talking about a rather interesting subject; the power to turn into a particular animal at will which is known as-" "Animagi!" Hermione shot. "Right you are, Ms. Granger. Take five points for that. Becoming an animagus is a complex process. First, you need to register, and whoever doesn't is supposed to be sent to Azkaban. Then you will undergo several procedures, one of which, is to carry a leaf of a mandrake in your mouth for a month. You, also, need to know that your patronus form is usually the same as your animagus form. So, for example, my patronus is a tabby cat therefore my animagus form is... a tabby cat as well. Now, open your books to page 270 and start reading the part about animagus."
              "How fascinating!" Hermione said as they exited the room. "Yeah, i agree, it's so cool, you know, being able to transform into an animal at will!" Ron bursted. "I wonder what a stag can do?" Harry asked. "Mate, you can scare kids at Halloween," and the three broke into laughter. "It's night already, we better hurry up and go to the Great Hall we'll miss dinner." Ron said. "Is that the only thing that goes around in your mind? Food?" Hermione laughed. " what? I am hungry."
             "Goodnight Harry, Hermione," Ron yawned heading to the boys' dormitory. "Night Ron, I'll stay in the common room for a bit, you Hermione?" "I might go to the library, i need to return some books back before it closes, would you like to come?" "Sure!"
           They both left the Common Room and walked in awkward silence. "so, er, why did you go to the forbidden forest?" he murmured in an attempt to break the awkward silence. "I wanted to collect some ingredients for trying out a potion that i read about." "H-Hermione, would you like to, er, spend some time down by the lake after you return those books?" he said. "yeah, Harry, sure." she said grinning, and his stomach was instantly filled with fluttering butterflies.
"By the lake then?" Hermione said smiling. "Yes, if you would like to ofcorse."
         "I'll do it this time," Harry said pointing his wand at the tree they sat at last time. With a swish of his wand, the tree transformed into a two-seat, wooden bench. "Nice work," clapped Hermione and they both laughed. They both sat on the bench. The chilly wind ruffling his messy, black hair and playing with Hermione's. They sound of the water waves was so relaxing. Hermione was looking straight at the lake admiring the view and Harry gazed at her. "It's so beautiful," Harry whispered over the sound of the air breezes. "Yes, indeed. So, why did you want us to come here tonight?" "Good question!" He laughed. "You know, 'Mione, that dreadful night when you went to the forest and got attacked. I remembered the time when we both sat here and talked. I used it to conjure my patronus," as Harry was talking, he saw Hermione blushing and turning to face the ground, "thanks, Mione." He said with a beaming smile. "I didn't do anything." She replied. "OH HARRY LOOK! A MERMAID!"she bursted out pointing at the face that appeared in the middle of the lake. "I can remember the first time I saw what a real mermaid looked like. I was shocked! I always thought mermaids were beautiful sea creatures like the ones in 'The Little Mermaid' have you ever seen it?" After getting over laughing Hermione's reaction, Harry said, "I haven't seen the whole movie, but I've caught some scenes while Dudley watched them. I remember he was all over that mermaid Ariel. I can't wait to see his reaction if he sees a real one." They both broke into laughter. "Harry, it's getting late!" "Yeah, right, we better head to the dormitories." "OwwwwwwWwww," they both heard. "What was that?" Hermione panicked. "Quick! It's a werewolf!" As Harry was clutching Hermione's hand and running he saw something along with the werewolf that made him stand his place, petrified!