The Long Wait

Weeks have passed with Harry, everyday, visiting the Hospital Wing and sadly returning to the Common room. "Any news, mate?" Ron asked Harry as he entered the Common room. "No," Harry answered looking at the ground. "It'll be fine," Ron patted Harry on the back with a worried look on his face. "Do you think she might make it through this?" Harry asked. "Yeah, she sure can." "Come on mate, we'll be late for Defense Against the Dark Arts," Ron said, pulling Harry's hand.

             After Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry and Ron headed to the Great Hall to have lunch. "Eat something," Ron nudged Harry. "I am!" "No you're not!" Ron retorted giving Harry a chicken wing, "eat!" Harry huffed and took a bite of his chicken. "I am going to the common room." Harry stood, heading to the common room.
          "It's been a week," Harry thought to himself while he was laying on his four poster bed in the boys' dormitory. "When is she going to get out? Can she make it? Will she be OK-" "Harry!" Neville said snapping Harry out of his thoughts. "Hi Neville," Harry said trying to sound cheerful. "How are you now?" Neville asked, but Harry didn't reply, he sighed instead. "Any new experiments in Herbology?" "Well, i am working on a project with a new plant that came from ireland." "Great!" Harry said suppressing a smile. "Harry!" He heard a girly-ish voice from the common room. Guessing it's Hermione, he dashed downstairs to the common room, but Harry saw the girl calling, he stood in utter disappointement. "Harry, I have got you a surprise!" Ginny said. "Really?" Harry said bored of drawing fake smiles on his face. "Yes!" "Well... Where is it?" He awkwardly asked. "Behind the Fat Lady," She answered, "you might go and see it." "Okay," Harry said walking out of the common room confused.
           As Harry passed the portrait hole he saw the bushy brown haired girl that he was dying to see... Hermione. He stared at her for a moment before throwing his arms around her. A moment of silence rose , but harry broke it saying "I hate you," whispering in her ear, "for keeping me waiting this whole time." He broke the hug and looked at Hermione to see a huge grin drawn on her face. "I missed you," he whispered so that only she can hear. "Me too," she replied. "How could you miss me when you were unconscious?" Harry asked teasingly. "Shut up," she said playfully hitting him. "Hermione!" Ron said and ran towards her, hugged her. While they hugged, Harry couldn't help feel a spark of jealousy run through him. "Guys! We're gonna be late for Herbology." Harry said in an attempt to break their from the hug. "Yeah right," Hermione said, "let's go."