A Day Like Any Other

All rights to J.K. Rowling. No part of this story may be transmitted, plagiarised, or distributed by any means.

It was a cold day in the Gryffindor common room. The fireplace was lit filling the room with the scent of burning wood. All Gryffindor students were asleep. Harry, unlike the rest, was still awake. He was sitting beside the fireplace gazing at the hot, red flames, wondering about why was he like that. Lately, he started being unhappy. all the time. It was like a hundred dementors have filled the place. He lost interest in everything, and was bored. He didn't want to talk to anyone, or even anyone to talk to him. Even though Hermione and Ron were there, he felt lonely. He didn't want to contact Sirius, or even play Quidditch. He wasn't excited about any Hogsmeade trips.
Staying late at night alone was a habit by now. Every day he would sit beside the fire thinking.
While sitting there, he heard a hoot. It was Hedwig. He came flying to the window. Harry opened it and went back to the couch. Hedwig flew in and sat next to Harry, Harry started stroking her head. Quickly, she fell asleep. He had no urge to sleep, so he stayed in the room, until a brown bushy haired girl entered.

Sorry for the short chapter. Make sure you vote if you like chapter 1 and leave your comments in the comment section below!