6

After they ended their work around seven Camila rode along with Dinah to a nearby bar called Icon. Camila was extremely nervous. She had previously heard some things about this club and it made her stomach turn as she stepped in the club. It was a nice atmosphere. People seemed to being enjoying themselves with their friends and respected partners. According to Dinah it wasn't always like this, tonight was "chill" as she described it. Everyone was either out ob the dance floor, sitting down at tables or in a booth engaging in conversation, waiting for the live music to start.

Camila noticed the huge crowd, "They must be pretty good, huh?" Camila said nudging Dinah. Dinah directed her gaze to the crowd and nodded her head.

"I only fuck with the best, Camila."

Camila playfully smacked her lips at Dinah's remark. Camila knew that was true, Dinah had extremely high expectations when it came to the music she involved herself with. Camila kind of envied that not that Dinah was picky with the music she listened to but the simply fact that she actually felt the music she was listening to. All the people Dinah had managed in the last few months that Camila has known her; she genuinely felt it.

"Wait here. I'm going to go get a Martini." Dinah said placing her hand on her friend's shoulder. "Do you want anything?"

Camila nodded, "A beer would be great."

The Polynesian girl gave her Cuban friend the most incredulous look, "I see why you don't have a boyfriend." She said jokingly.

"Yeah," Camila scoffed. "Very funny." She said watching her friend walk away and over to the bar.

Camila began to feel a bit uncomfortable just standing in the crowd of people and decided to sit down at one of the booths that were on the sides of the dance floor. She sat there about twenty minutes and Dinah still hadn't found her but, someone did. She was mindlessly sitting there staring out  into the crowd of people waiting for the music act to be announced.

"You look kind of lonely there." A voice said but, she didn't hear it. "Hey!" The voice shouted tapping Camila's shoulder. The tap on her shoulder was more than the person anticipated because someone ran into him and Camila's sudden reaction was to hit the person, and she did. Right in the groin.  Camila quickly turned around and saw what her "attacker". She instantly felt bad for hitting the boy.

"I am so sorry!" Camila apologized as she stood up.

The boy laughed trying to keep his composure. "It's fine, I just didn't think you would hit me." He said, "I was just trying to get your attention." He exhaled deeply. "I'm so sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." Camila told him checking to see if he was alright. "Let me buy you a drink."

The boy laughed again, "I can't let you do that."

"Why not?" Camila questioned.

"Because that's what I came to do." He informed her. "Buy you a drink." He said giving her a toothy smile. He was about 6'0 tall, he had curly semi-brown hair, and vibrant green eyes. He was dressed in black from head to toe. He wore a tight black V-neck T-shirt that displayed his muscular body frame, along with a pair of faded ripped black skinny jeans and a pair of combat boots and to top it off he wore a black campaign hat. When Camila finally got a good look of him she smiled to herself because his attire reminded her so much of Lauren. She missed her. More than her own words could even began to express.

 More than her own words could even began to express

"No, thank you." Camila declined not wanting to really take a drink from him because she didn't know him. She thought he was good looking but she had Avan at home so she just politely tried to dismiss him. That didn't work.  She heard him laugh again and looked at him with the most confused facial expression. "What's so funny?"

He shook his head. "I mean I know you don't like people but, Dinah didn't say you were weird."

"How do you know Dinah?"

The boy's grew grew widely. "She's my girlfriend." He informed her. "I'm Joshua Carlos." He said extending his hand out to meet hers.

She mindlessly shook his hand and couldn't understand why the hell Dinah hadn't told her that she was in ANOTHER relationship. Where did Normani fall into all of this.

"Boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend." He nodded, "Yes, her boyfriend." He replied. "And you're Camila, right?"

She nodded. "Not to be rude or anything but isn't Dinah dating..someone else?" The latina asked.

"Oh, Normani?" He smiled. "Our relationship is complicated. We all kind of date each other," He admitted. "But it works for us so we don't try to complicate it more than it already is."

Camila did nothing but sit there in silence.

After a few moments she spoke again. "So how did you guys meet?"

"Dinah is managing my band." He said. "I mean, its highly unethical but, I couldn't turn down the opportunity to get a great girl like her." He licked his lips looking over to her. "Normani either." He said bringing his attention back to the brunette.

"You're in the band?" Camila laughed.

He tilted his head to the side slightly and smiled a bit. "Why does that seem so surprising?"

Camila shrugged. "I don't know. You just don't seem like the boy band type."

"Not everyone is who they truly seem to be Camila." He told her. "The people you think you know the most are honestly the people you have no idea about." He began to walk off, heading towards the stage. "Oh, and it's not a boy band." He yelled loudly over the crowd.

Dinah slowly made her way over to Camila. "I love him. He's so pretty." Camila gushed.

"You're a slut." Camila laughed.

"Screw you." Dinah said as she put on a fake pout.

As soon Joshua took a seat behind his drums the stage went completely black. The only light in the room came from the bar behind them.

After a minute or two the crowd got riled up again. Camila took in a big gulp of her beer. She kept her eyes on her beer and tried to keep an open mind about the band. The stage was still completely dark until one single spot light hit center stage and fell onto one person.

Camila took another quick sip of her beverage.

"Hi.." A voice said, followed by a light chuckle. "I'm Lauren.." Camila adverted her eyes directly to the sage. "This is Jaymes.." She said pointing at her bassit. "That's Joshua." Lauren said pointing at the drummer.

"Look at my man." Dinah smiled nudging Camila. Camila couldn't believe that this was Lauren's band. It was amusing because she had never heard the girl sing ever.

Before Lauren could finish introducing her band, the lead guitarist approached her. He was slightly taller than her and looked at her like she was the sun, the moon that lit up his world day and night. "And this is my boyfriend Tyler." She smiled as hevently placed on her cheek. "And we're TheExistence." The crowd cheered. "Oh, I'm Lauren by the way."

Boyfriend? What the actual fuck.
Camila thought to herself.

Camila quickly turned to Dinah. "Take me home. NOW!"