Epilogue

Will

"Will, come outside."

"Will, you need to eat."

"Will, you need to get some sunshine."

"Come shooting, Will."

It's been two months. Two months since I had heard his voice. Two months since he died. Two months since I felt okay.

I'm not alright.

Not one bit.

I haven't cried since the day of the funeral, but I didn't want to.

I missed him so much. So much. I wish I could say I was content with what we had achieved together, but if I did, I'd be lying.

There were so many things we could have done, so many things I would've changed.

If I had known he would've been killed, I would have never let him leave the bed. We could've found another way to defeat Bianca.

We could've found another way to defeat Bianca.

Another way.

Anything but this.

I didn't do much of anything now that he was gone, I didn't care enough. I barely left my cabin, barely left my bunk.

Now, I was lying down in my bunk, yet again. Sunlight streamed in through the cabin's windows. It couldn't have been past noon, as I could hear people bustling around outside.

"Will, you've got to get up sometime." Christine's voice traveled to me from a few feet away.

I raised my head a fraction of an inch. Her solemn expression loomed above me. "And I will. Just not any time soon."

I heard the bunk across from me creak as she sat down on it. A loud sigh emerged from her lungs. "Will, I know you miss him. Believe me, I do."

"How would you kno-" I stopped, realizing she had been through the exact same thing with Jonathan.

"Will, it's going to take a lot of time to get over him. You're not helping yourself or anyone else by doing the exact same thing that Nico did."

I kept my gaze fixed upon the ceiling, refusing to show any emotion when she mentioned his name.

"Will, we need you in the infirmary. Chiron has been lenient since Nico died, but you have to get up and help out. We need you."

"I understand that."

Christine gave a frustrated sigh and put her head in her hands. "Please, Will. It doesn't have to be now. It doesn't have to be tomorrow. Just get up and help soon. We all miss your bubbly self."

Christine didn't wait for a response before she got up from the bunk and exited the room.

I let out a deep breath and sat up. One leg dangled off of the bunk and the other was underneath the other.

I have to let him go. He's at peace now.

I put my face in my hands and squeezed my eyelids shut tightly. For the first time in a long time, tears welled up in my eyes. I shuddered.

"Gods, I miss him."

Minutes passed, just of me trying to control the stream of tears that rolled down my face.

In the midst of my breakdown, a soft knocking came from the front of the cabin. I assumed it was Christine, so I didn't look up. "Go away, Christine."