King Of Nothing (Saint Asonia)

Nico

Finally, we had arrived. My insides were being clawed and torn apart in fear and anticipation of what was to come. My head had begun to hurt intensely as we pulled up at the base of the mountain.

king of nothing king of nothing you're worthless liar disappointment die king of nothing you're nothing

I found myself leaning on Will, both for moral support and strength. Voices echoed in my head louder and louder as we drew dearer to the entrance of the palace, which was disguised by the Mist.

"You alright, Nico?" Will's worried face appeared in front of me when we came to a stop.

I didn't answer him. Mostly because I was too caught up in my thoughts to care, but also because I didn't want to worry him.

Percy went off on his own to check the area. The bitter wind started biting into my skin, despite my aviator jacket being zipped. I couldn't stop myself from shivering. Will pulled me into his arms in order to try and rub some warmth into my skinny form. My hands found their way into Will's jacket pockets.

you're going to die die die blood will pour blood you're worthless im gonna kill you in front of him you're gonna die die

I began to break down, for no reason other than the fact that I was too overwhelmed by pent up emotions. Will held me tighter and murmured gentle words into my hair.

"Will, thank you for being here for me." My voice broke off as a large lump formed in my throat.

"No, we're not saying our goodbyes. We're going to survive. All of us. We'll win." Will sounded so determined and confident, a part of myself had to believe him.

I stayed quiet, listening to the whistling of the frigid wind. Will took me by my shoulders and pushed me gently out of his grasp. He looked directly into my eyes.

"We're going to get back to camp. We're going to make those stupid mistakes that we were sure to make all along. We're going to go out on dates, get married, live out a long life, Nico. Don't you dare start saying your goodbyes. It shows you've already given up." I could see tears forming in Will's eyes as he said it.

no you're not you're gonna die you're gonna die young you won't live I'll kill you

"Will, I-"

"Don't." Will interjected.

"Godsdammit, Will. Let me finish."

Will closed his mouth and waited for me to go on.

"Thank you, so much, Will. Without you, I probably would be dead. If either or both of us don't make it out, thank you. So much."

I heard the crunching of snow underfoot and turned to see Percy. He had Riptide drawn and was squinting through narrowed eyes. "It's clear. Let's get a move on."

Will and I drew our weapons. I pulled from its sheath, my Stygian Iron sword and poised it in front of me as we walked. Will raised his bow and notched an arrow.

The three of us stayed silent as we moved into the narrow passageway that led into the palace inside the mountains. Beside me, Will grew tenser as we made our way down the icy hallway. I could almost hear my heart pounding.

Ba bum, ba bum, ba bum

We had almost reached the end of the corridor. The walls were now almost completely covered in ice and frost. Gigantic, sharp icicles hung down from the tall ceiling, threatening to fall at any moment.

As we rounded another corner, Percy immediately halted in front of us. He put a finger to his lips and gestured to the ceiling with a pointer finger. I began to furrow my eyebrows, but then realized what he was trying to convey.