Goodbye, I'm Sorry (Jamestown Story)

I just wanted to say something before I start writing this chapter: I AM NOT ENCOURAGING SUICIDE, EATING DISORDERS, SELF HARM, OR ROMANTICIZING DEPRESSION.

"Well, um." Will shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm waiting."

"Okay, so I found out who destroyed your cabin and beat you up-"

"Really? Who was it?"

"-and punched him in the face. A few times." He looked down sheepishly.

"Will, that just made it worse. Why did you snap?" I put my hand on his upper arm, tilting my head to the side.

"He was bragging about it," Will clenched his fists. "He was bragging about beating you up. He said he would've probably done worse. He said that he was proud about destroying your cabin." Will was visibly shaking with rage, his eyes closed tightly.

"Hey, I said that I would deal with it."

"I know, and I probably shouldn't have done that, but when he said those things, I got so angry. I lashed out." Will's lips were pressed together into a thin line.

"It's okay. I'll do something about it. You don't need to protect me."

Will opened his eyes, showing the sparkling blue of his irises. "Well, someone has to."

My gaze softened. "I'm not worth it," I mumbled, looking down.

I heard Will sigh, and felt a pair of arms wrap around me. "Yes, yes you are."

Blinking tears from my eyes, I shook my head. "N-"

"Just shut up and let me comfort you," Will tightened his grip around me.

"But- your hand."

He laughed and shook his head. "It doesn't hurt that badly."

"Okay, Will," I said, not entirely believing him.

We sat in silence for several moments. I couldn't help but notice how good he smelled.

Nico, calm yourself.

After a while, we pulled away and Will got up. "Hey, I was wondering..."

"Hm?"

"Wanna learn how to shoot a bow and arrow?"

--------------------------

"Okay, now. As you're pulling on the string, lift the bow up and being the string to rest on your lips."

We had been working on shooting for around an hour now.

And I still sucked.

I brought the string of the bow up to my lips, while lifting the bow itself. Just as I got ready to shoot, I felt Will lift my elbow up slightly. My face heated up as he reached for my hand on the bow.

"Now, shoot," Will spoke next to my ear, gently letting go of my hand and the bow.

Keeping as much of the original position as possible, I readied myself and let go of the string. We both watched as the arrow flew through the air and across the field, piercing into one of the inner rings of the target.

I grinned and turned to Will.

He was also smiling. "Great! Now try for the bullseye."

I nodded and reloaded the bow, squinting my eyes at the target. Bringing the string to my lips, I took a deep breath and let the arrow fly.

Just outside the center. "Damn."

Will laughed and clapped me on the back. "You're not going to be the best when you're just learning."