Demons (Boyce Avenue Cover)

I strongly recommend listening to Boyce Avenue's cover of Demons by Imagine Dragons while reading this.

Next morning, he finished bandaging me up. It turns out that I had three broken fingers and bruised the bone on my kneecap.

"I'm going to walk you to your cabin, okay?" Will helped me up from the cot and, making sure I was steady. He let go temporarily, dashing over to one of the piles of clean laundry. He grabbed an orange tee shirt and came back over to me. "Uh, since your other shirts are muddy and have a lot of blood on them, I'm going to wash them. You can have this as a spare."

I looked down, just now realizing I had been shirtless this whole time. I blushed and took the shirt from his hands, gingerly slipping it over my head.

Once I had finished, he took my arm and placed it over his shoulder, helping me limp outside.

It was still fairly early, so there weren't many demigods out and about. Most were still sleeping.

"I want you to keep a baseball bat or some weapon near you, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded and continued leaning on Will for support. He had given me some ambrosia for the pain, but it wasn't going to heal all of the injuries just yet.

Soon, we found ourselves at my cabin, sticking out like a sore thumb among the other brightly colored cabins. Will pushed the door open, only to find that the whole room had been destroyed.

As we walked in, bewildered as to what could've caused this, we saw the entirety of the damage.

Drawers were pulled open, their contents everywhere around the room. The wardrobe had all of my clothes pulled out and flung in all different directions away from it. The two beds had been destroyed, the slats underneath them cracked and splintered. Bedsheets were torn and thrown to the floor. But the worst of it laid in the corner.

The only picture that I owned of Bianca was out of its frame and torn into shreds in the corner of the room.

The only emotion I felt was anger. White-hot anger. I tore away from Will and limped over to where the remains of the picture laid. Even though it caused me a lot of pain, I knelt down next to the pieces.

"Nico?" Will's hesitant voice came from behind me. I ignored him as I stared at the pieces of the only thing I had left of her.

I heard him come closer and kneel down next to me.

He took in a sharp breath and looked over at me, beneath his mess of blonde curls. "Oh my gods. Who would do this?"

Curling my lip, I stood up and directed my attention to the wall above the destroyed beds.

In bright white paint, the words "Die, Faggot" were sprawled across the wall. I felt tears spring to my eyes, so I furiously wiped at them with the back of my hand. Lowering my hand my hand to my side, I dug my fingernails into my palm. "I have an idea of who." My voice was deadly quiet, filling the air with tension.

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn around and look into Will's eyes. His eyes were narrowed, so I could barely see the baby blue irises that I knew were there. "Who?"

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, still seething. "It doesn't matter."

"So, you're telling me that you're not going to do anything?" he looked slightly angry.

I opened my eyes. "Are you delusional? I'm going beat the shit out of who did this." I looked back down at the pieces of the picture on the floor. This time, the tears actually made it out, cascading down my cheeks in a river of sorrow.

I felt Will's arms go around me, allowing me to bury my face into his shoulder. "W-Why do they h-hate me s-so much?" I cried into his neck, surely soaking his Camp tee.

He rubbed his hand on my back in a circular motion, attempting to calm me. "I don't know." he whispered into my hair. He continued shushing me and rubbing circles into my back.

After a while, I had calmed down enough to pull away and look at him. "I-I'm sorry for soaking your shirt. " I hiccuped and dried off my face.

"It's okay. It's just a tee shirt." He gave me a small smile before frowning and looking around the room. "Where are you going to sleep tonight?"

Crap. I hadn't thought of that. "Uh, I-I'll ask Chiron where I can sleep for the time being."

Will shook his head and moved around me, picking up random pieces of clothing on the floor and tossing them over his shoulder. "You can stay in the Apollo cabin temporarily. That way I can monitor you injuries and make sure you're alright."

I felt myself blush. "Are you sure that's okay with your cabin?"

He scoffed and turned around, smirking. "Doctor's orders."

I blinked, raising my eyebrows. "Okay then."

Soon, I had gotten a few items of clothing and necessities, such as a toothbrush and toothpaste. He waited for me by the door and held it open as I limped outside, back into the bright daylight. The camp was now bustling with busy demigods, running here and there. Will made sure I was steady before we started walking. The Apollo cabin was only three or four cabins down, so we were there in no time.

He held the door open and I hesitantly stepped inside.

As I looked around the room, I saw there were few demigods left in the spacious cabin. The rest were, I assumed, at the archery range. Will stepped in after me, nudging me forward and closing the door.

A girl smiled at me as I made my way to the center of the room. Will spoke up to ease their confusion. "Nico's cabin was ransacked and destroyed. He'll be staying with us for now."

The same girl that had noticed me waved. "Hi, Nico. Welcome to our humble abode." She got up from her bunk and gestured around her.

"Nico, this is Christine, obviously a daughter of Apollo."

I lifted my head in recognition and shot a look at Will like, "You know I don't like people. Get me out of here."

And in this moment, we had seemed to have a mental debate between each other.

Nico, behave.

Go away.

Nico, be nice.

Fu-

"Okay, once you guys are done making googly eyes, I'll be over there playing the drums." Christine gestured to the corner, where a drum set was set up.

Will and I shared a glance at each other and blushed. He looked away and headed towards the end of the row of bunks.

Will pointed at the middle bunk. "That's my bunk. The only two open bunks are the ones above and below mine. You can choose."

I immediately took the bottom bunk, setting my things on the bed and turning back to Will. "Thank you, Will. I don't know why you're so nice to me."

"Hey," Will put his hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up at him. "Everyone deserves a friend, whether or not they want one."

I smiled and looked down, a heat forcing it's way up my neck and onto my cheeks. "Thank you."

He clapped me on the back and climbed up into his bunk. "You'd best get some rest. You and I didn't get very much sleep at all last night, so you might as well take this time to sleep.

Almost in reaction to the word, I yawned. Will chuckled and threw the blanket over his head.

Finally, I crawled into the bunk and dozed off, still in regular clothing.

THERE WE GO. THIRD CHAPTER.