Part 15

AN/ Serious triggering warning on this chapter. You might want to skip it till you see the '~' if you are easily triggered. Suicide warning.

She was surrounded by darkness, she'd lost count of how many days it's been. The last time, she caught a glimpse of another person, or light. There was a small blanket on the floor in the corner of the room. Which has been her bed since she's been thrown in here.

She's given two meals a day, which in her case was a moldy bologna sandwich with stale bread. Her tears were all dried out, permanently stained on her face for eternity, she had lost the one thing that she loved the most, the only person she had left. Megan.

Not to death, something just as cruel, she was being taken away from her, again. Only this time not by her disease, or some psycho kidnapper who wanted to ruin her life. No, that would be too easy. She was taken by her own flesh and blood, her mother.

Losing custody was a stab to the heart, the final one she needed just to end it all there. It was the fatal blow, the only reason demi wanted to get out of prison was so she could find her daughter and be reunited with her. And now, knowing that her original plan wasn't even an option was still a hard pill to swallow. She had nothing to go back to.

Why was fate so cruel? This was beyond punishment, this was pure torture. The worst part about it was, there was no way to stop it. Demi was at a dead end, she had found the finish line and was ready to cross it and welcome the light with open arms. She had finally understood what giving up felt like, what being completely lost meant and she had reached that point

Her fingers twitched, her skin was crawling with anticipation. Her body was yearning for what she was about to do. It was exhilarating, she craved the feeling. She wanted to be free of this world more than anything and she was sure she was making the right decision.

Her body moved robotically, as she tied the sheet around her neck in a knot so tight she could already feel the air trying to escape her lungs. She stood on her makeshift bed, tying the other end to a protruding hook in the wall high up that she was sure one of the inmates before her creatively made. She closed her eyes, letting her demons roar with excitement, encouraging her to jump. They clapped and cheered, which caused her to giggle. She didn't hesitate as she edged towards the end of the bed that was a few feet off the floor, and jumped.

Her vision was blurry, her lungs were burning, her body felt like tons of bricks were forcing her down. Gravity at its finest. She didn't struggle. She gave into the feeling.  She felt the memories of Megan cloud her dying mind, she could see all the fun times they spent together. She seen Wilmer and their wedding day.  Her career, she seen glimpses of a packed stadium and her fans.  Everything was much more alive than it was before. And just as the memories faded and she was met by a blinding light, she accepted it, she moved towards it ready for her new beginning. Ready to be reunited with her love.

Only just before she reached the door it disappeared and she was met by darkness again. Her eyes shifted she couldn't see anything, she felt around for the door only to find  nothing was there. It was as if it never even existed. Then she realized what must be happening. They revived her, someone was trying to save her only she didnt want to be saved.

"No no, no!" Demi cries out dropping to her knees, "Why did you have to come!" She screamed out into nothingness, "Let me die! Please let me die!"

Only no one could hear her, because she was trapped between life and death.

~

"I want to see my daughter!" Dianna had fresh tears in her eyes as they led her to Demi's room where she slept silently. Dianna breathed a sigh of relief when she seen the steady condense of Demi's chest rising and falling.