Part 3

"Megan?" Demi called up the stairs as she checked her purse to make sure she had everything. "I'm about to leave remember what I said don't open the door for anyone and call me if you need anything!"

Megan rolled her eyes, "Mom you're only going to the store, you act like you're never coming back."

Demi fought a grin, "Just listen to me for once and pretend you care?"

"Fine." She agreed turning around to walk up the staircase, "I'll see you later."

Demi left the house and took the long journey to shop rite. Since she lived far away in a gated community, she had to drive far out to get her grocery's and things she needed.

She liked where she lived. She felt safe and secure, but there was still this gut feeling that she wasn't safe at all. That someone was watching her, from afar.

Hiding in the shadows.

She shook off that feeling and continued the drive to the grocery. Idily Wilmer usually did things like this for her since he was more of the cook. Although now since he moved out the house, not fully that it, his stuff still sat in her closet even though she hasn't seen him since their argument not that she cared at the moment.

Demi took her shopping cart and began piling stuff in it, she wanted to make this trip last. Because she didn't have the energy to drive all the way out there again. Since she found out she's pregnant she's been tired frequently and took naps at least twice a day.

She had yet to call her doctor to schedule an appointment, she didn't know what she was waiting for. Since she was so sure she wanted to get rid of it.

She payed with cash as she got to the cashier and hauled her stuff to the car. It was dark now and she had to put her glasses to see the road more clearly. She had bad vision at night. And a car crash was the last thing she needed.

Demi rolled onto her block almost two hours later only to find she couldn't enter. There were reporters and news stations blocking the road and police cars everywhere.

She got out her car fear radiating off of her and she picked up her pace which soon turned into a sprint- run when she realized that the scene of the crime was in fact her home.

Nobody stopped her as she pushed her way through the crowd that was forming around, when she finally got up the steps of her property someone stopped her. An officer, about five foot ten, normal body muscle he had a grim expression on his face.

"Where are you going ma'am?" He asked his voice held a little southern accent. His hand latching on to her wrist tightly, "You can't be back here, its a crime scene we can't risk you contaminating evidence."

"What do you mean I can't be back here?" She bit back venomously, "This is my home! My daughter is in there let me through!"

Something seemed to click and his expression went from ' I'd rather be anywhere but here' to 'I'm so sorry' and demi didn't like it, the look on his face told her enough. Something bad happened while she was gone, really bad and her daughter was involved.

"Can you follow me back to my truck? I'll explain everything when we get down to the station." He reasoned, tugging her slightly towards the opposite direction of her home.

Demi snatched her arm away from him violently before running into her home. The first thing she noticed upon entering was glass, it was everywhere all over the floors.

Each step she took into her home glass cracked underneath her heels. The farther she got in the worse it got her furniture was torn and multiple family photos were taken down and she picked one up off the floor that was by the fire place and examined it.