Part 2

Megan had left two days ago and demi has been on edge ever since it was now Saturday and she had nothing to do. Since the whole ordeal and her marriage she put her life and career on hold. The one thing that surprised her was she didn't exactly miss it either.

Her morning sickness wasn't getting better, in fact, she was having the toughest morning so far. She couldn't drink water without feeling the urge to rush to the bathroom. So knowing her body she left the house while Wilmer was at work, driving to the nearest pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test.

She said a prayer over and over again in her head as she sat on the toilet waiting for the results. She didn't want a baby, she couldn't have one. Call her selfish, or whatever, she didn't care what other people thought if she was indeed pregnant she was going to get an abortion.

She thought about ways she could get the procedure done without her husband's knowledge if she was pregnant. The minutes felt like hours and when the time was finally up and her phone buzzed letting her know she was about to find out if she was carrying a child.

She froze.

With shaky fingers she picked up the test and looked at the digital bar and gasped dropping it. "Fuck!"

She was pregnant.

She kicked the drawer hard enough for her personal mirror to fall shattering against the floor. Demi's breathing was erratic a panic attack was fully on its way.

"Demi?" Her husband called, he had just got home and heard something shatter. He jogged up the stairs to their bed room only to find demi picking up pieces of glass. "Is everything alright? Here let me help you."

"Yeah I'm fine, I wasn't paying attention and I knocked into it." She forced a smile hoping he wouldn't see through it.

When he chuckled shaking his head, muttering something about her being clumsy her shoulders sagged in relief. Her plan was working.

She silently applauded herself for getting her shit together in record time, seeing she was just having a nervous breakdown not even five minutes ago. She wondered why she hasn't gotten an Oscar yet it was long overdue.

"I was thinking we could go out tonight. We don't get many weekends to ourselves." Wilmer said, following his wife in to their bedroom.

"I'm tired Wilmer. I don't feel like going anywhere." She bit back.

His jaw clenched she used the same excuse every time he offered to take her out. He was sick of it. "I'm really trying here demi. Things have been so rocky between us lately. I'm putting an effort into fixing us why aren't you complying?"

"Rocky? That's the word you're going to use to describe this mess. Wilmer?" She laughed bitterly, "What do you want me to do? I just don't feel like going out. Maybe tomorrow."

"You say that every day!" He yelled, he was done being the nice, quiet, rational person in their marriage. Demi needed to understand what she was doing isn't right.

It was hurting him. He would never admit that to her though.

"Why did you even marry me?" He questioned, "Demi, I see the way you look at me, you're not very good at hiding your feelings. You're unhappy."

"I married you because I love you." She whispered on the verge of tears. She hated being such an emotional person. But this time she wasn't crying because she was sad or hurt. She was crying because she was angry, not just at Wilmer but life.

He laughed, "You have a real funny way of showing it demi. When was the last time we made love? And don't give me some bullshit excuse because for me we haven't done that in months. It's just not the same. I can't give you what you want because you're broken. You're the shell of the women you used to be and I'm sorry but I can't live like this anymore. You're bringing me down with you."

He opened a drawer and demi heard some shuffling before papers were dropped on her lap, "I want a divorce."

She sucked in a breath, a divorce? She couldn't say she was surprised. She knew things weren't going well but she never expected it so soon.

After almost two minutes of silence demi finally found her voice, "okay, I'll have my lawyers look over it."

"Unbelievable, " Wilmer muttered slamming the door behind him as he left the house.

Demi tossed the papers over to the side of the bed as if touching them burned her skin. She wanted to fight for her marriage, she loved Wilmer more than anything. She just couldn't find the strength to do so.

Because she herself didn't know how to fix it. He was right, everything he said about her was true. She had changed over the course of years everything that seemed to make her once happy failed to do so.

She needed her daughter, she was all she had left. She didn't want to deal with this on her own now that a baby was in the picture. She wondered if she should wait and get the abortion or hold out for awhile. She had her mind set that she didn't want the baby. But she would need someone to look after her when she does it.

Demi called Lucy's mom and kindly asked if she could drop Megan home despite it being later in the night. She easily agreed hearing the tone in Demi's voice, she gathered something wasn't right.

Megan walked in to her home confused and slightly frustrated. She sensed that something was wrong and jogged up the stairs not missing a beat as she barged in to her mother's bedroom. Where she lay limp in the queen size mattress sobs raking her body.

"Mom?" She called, edging forward almost afraid, she looked around the room searching for any sign of Wilmer but she soon realized the house was empty.

As she drew closer to the bed she noticed papers spread across the bed. Worry set in as her eyes read the document, she took in a breath, sympathy etched in her voice, "I'm so sorry momma."

She hugged her mother caressing her back soothingly. She noticed her mom did that when she was upset so she was sure it would work now. Megan felt at a lost too, she loved Wilmer, he was the closet father figure she had.

But she had to be strong for her mother, she needed her now more than ever. Demi's cries soon turned into sniffles as her breathing slowed down. Megan continued rubbing her mother's back as she too drifted off to sleep.

______________________________

Happy Easter!