Part 7

Demi was greeting everyone as the funeral was coming to an end. They were now in a Hall that she rented out. There was food and drinks as everyone celebrated the life he lived. She had shook over four hundred people's hands. Each one of them wishing her the best and saying how deeply saddened they are over the news.

Demi was keeping her distance from wilmers family the best she could. Knowing they didn't get along. Especially his mother, she absolutely hated her guts. And even that soon failed as she walked over to her. Demi forced a smile on her face.

Before she could even greet her, wilmers mother spoke, "You have some nerve coming here acting like you cared for my son."

Demi looked over her shoulder seeing if anyone was listening in on them before she replied, "I'm not doing this with you today. Shut the fuck up and leave me alone! now that he's dead I don't have to pretend to like you." She hissed.

"You're an evil women." She wailed, "And karma got you too! Your daughter is never coming back."

Demi took a threatening step towards her, her face mere inches from the old women, "Don't mention her!"

The old lady grinned, "Now we're even, my son is dead thanks to you and your daughter went right along with him! Do you actually believe she is still alive?"

Demi's fist clenched her breathing now uneven, "You're lucky we're around people. I swear to god if you were anyone else I would fuck you up."

A guy whose name she couldn't remember soon intervened, pushing demi back, "Did you just threaten my aunt?"

They were now drawling a crowd demi had to get out of this situation. But whoever this 'cousin' was really trying her. When she didn't answer he stepped up in her face threateningly.

"Hit me," demi taunted, "I fucking dare you."

Detective Morgan was by Demi's side stepping in front of her. "Are you trying to go to jail son?"

He shook his head clearly terrified, "No, sir."

Morgan gave him one last glare, "I'd go on if I were you. If I catch you stepping up to Ms. Lovato like that again you'll be in cuffs."

Once she was sure he was gone, demi decided to speak, "You didn't have to do that, I can handle my own."

Morgan snorted clearly amused, "He was going to hit you. You shouldn't provoke people that are grieving. They aren't in their right state of mind."

Demi turned to face him, "Oh and I'm not?? He was my husband and best friend."

"Do all best friends threaten to kill the other?" He asked, demi choked on her drink coughing slightly. Caught off guard by his question.

She couldn't say anything, not without her lawyer present. It was too risky Morgan seemed to know more than she thought. Demi forced a smile taking a sip of her wine.

"I'll see you around detective Morgan."

He watched her as she walked away, "Oh, we'll be seeing each other very soon Ms. Lovato. Very soon."