Part 12

On the far outskirts of town in southern California, a young family took their kids out for some fun in the sun. They went at an odd hour in the morning hoping to beat the crowd which they had did. There was only two other people there and they were on the far side of the beach.

Their fourteen year old son grabbed his soccer ball, doing some tricks and practicing his skills. One special move that he has been working on forever but couldn't seem to master it caused him to kick his ball further out then he expected. His parents who had warned him not to go too far out. Now blurry figures in the distance.

Grumbling to himself he fetched his ball, that had rested between two rocks and that's when he saw it, a foot. Curiosity got the best of him and he slowly edged towards the foot which now as he got closer and more was revealed discovered it was a body.

His heart leapt in his chest, adrenaline pumping through his veins. His father being a doctor had him prepared for these types of situations. Knowing what his father would do he knelled down pressing two fingers to the girls throat searching for a pulse, he barely caught it but there was one, it was weak but a pulse.

He quickly ran out to find his parents and led them to the body where his father starting aiding the girl who was badly injured an ambulance already on its way.

~

After three days demi finally decided to venture out of her cell. Having only been to the bathroom at night to catch a quick shower knowing no one would suspect her. It gave her the privacy she needed to get things done. And the water was actually hot during the night unlike during the day. Where the inmates were forced to take cold thirty second showers.

"Miss perfect finally decided to grace us with her presence." An African American women with cornrows said. The group of women behind her from all shapes, sizes, and ethnicity snickering shooting demi threatening looks.

Demi knew better than to not speak, not wanting to show her disrespect and start an unnecessary war between them she spoke. "I was adjusting to my cell, I'm fairly new to this."

Her answer caused a thunderous laughter to erupt from all five women standing infront of her. "Does your room accommodate your needs princess? Does your bed fit your high-class standards." She enquired mockingly.

Demi wanted to defend herself, she wanted to tell this women that she didn't know her or anything that she had been through that led up to her being there. But she couldn't, she simply nodded her head mumbling a 'yes' hoping these women would move out of her way so she could get through. Wanting to desperately go back to her cell which they were blocking.

"Hey demi! C'mere for a second." Having seen how terrified demi looked talking to Nadia and her gang she decided to intervene before things escaladed. Nadia wasn't the one to mess with.

Demi breathed a sigh of relief when the group parted giving her a path to walk towards a waiting Allison who lazily threw her arm around the singers shoulder. Walking towards a little shelf that had books scattered across it. "You're welcome by the way I totally saved your ass back there."

"Thank you."

"So, did you kill him?" Demi was taken back by the Bluntness of her question completely caught off gaurd by it entirely. She masked her shock and guiltiness with a frown, eyebrows ceasing as she answered just as bluntly with a "No. I loved him.,"

"That doesn't mean you didn't kill them. Lots of people kill the ones they love, most murders are done by a relative, friend, lover. I Read it in a psychology book." Allison shrugged.

"I didn't kill him I'm being set up!" Demi growled out. Anger flashing in her eyes just at the thought of her situation. "I loved that man and my daughter more than anything in this world and i would never harm them. Some sick bastard has it out for me and wants to ruin my life. Which congratulations to them they have succeeded. Ive lost everything." Before the hot angry tears could slip out of her eyes demi briskly walked away towards her cell not wanting to be bothered with anyone.