Chapter 4: Kind Eyes

Start from the beginning

"God, you're so pale." he commented, bending down to nuzzle my neck with his nose. "Did you already eat something? I can make whatever you would like. I'm not the greatest cook...but I can try." His voice was so soft, just like his face.

The fear left my body and was replaced with something more intense. Warmth spread through the pit of my stomach as I stared at his smiling face, wanting to reach up and touch him in the way he just did to me.

"I-I had an apple." I said, shocking myself that I was able to get out more than a couple of words. "But..."

"What?" he said, insisting that I say what I want. "What do you want? Cereal? Toast? Juice?" he hadn't removed the smooth hand from off my face, still continuing to stroke my cheek. "Shit, those are all breakfast foods. Idiot." he mumbled to himself. "Um, pizza? What do you want, love?"

"Water," I said softly, stopping and adding to what i said. "If it's not too much trouble that is."

He scoffed, and swiftly lifted me up, making me gasp and latch on to his neck. I heard him chuckle at me, the sound coming out deep and beautiful.

"No trouble at all." he commented, setting me down on the large granite counter.

I watched as he quickly moved around the kitchen, opening cabinet doors and pulling out an assortment of things. One of which, was a small first aid kit and the other a tall glass cup. My hands shook as I put them out in front of me, debating whether I should make a run for it while he was preoccupied or just sit and wait for him to do something first.

"You got scraped up pretty bad, nothing I can't help patch up though." he smiled and pulled my arm out of the warm blanket, holding my wrists gently.

He took a small wet wipe out from the box and started to move it up and down my bloodied arm, making sure the area was cleaned off before he threw it away. I stared in awe as he brushed a clear liquid that stung slightly and I quickly pulled away in fear.

"It's an antiseptic. You've never seen it before?" he asked, obviously surprised at my reaction to it.

I shook my head and continued to watch as he put my arm back to where it was, then placed flesh toned bandages onto the tender wounds. The pain started to fade into a dull ache, no longer throbbing or making me bite my lip.

My body was telling me to lay down and rest after being so viciously attacked, but I was still in unfamiliar surroundings. I couldn't let my guard down.

His fingers gently rubbed the thick scars that ran across my wrists, a sad expression painted on his face. I gasped when he gave both my marked arms a soft kiss and then went on to fetching what I had requested.

Intimacy was something very unfamiliar to me. The last person that was so kind and gentle with me was my mother.

He quickly filled up the large cup, bringing it up to me so I didn't have to move my damaged arms.

"Are there anymore?" he asked, going to remove the blanket, but getting cut off by my hands tightly wrapping it around my body and pulling away from him.

I tugged the material around me, trying to hide my face in hopes that I might disappear and not have to look up at him.

I knew it. He's going to take advantage me.

Tears started to well in my eyes and I refused to release the fabric keeping my body concealed from the man.

"Hey, what's wrong? I just want to help you, love." I wanted to respond to his soft voice, but I couldn't help myself from flinching when he tried to reach out to me again.