Chapter 4: Kind Eyes

The picture above is Finn 😍 those cheek bones make me weak.

~HarleyVB 🖤

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

The man was built like a lumber jack, his arms large and thick. I could imagine his hands coiled around my neck and squeezing the life out of me. He didn't look that old, maybe around his mid-twenties, but that didn't mean he wasn't fit to tear me limb from limb if he wanted to.

I couldn't stop myself from muttering gibberish, trying to put as much distance as physically possible between the two of us. For every small terror filled step I took backwards, he seemed to take two more towards me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, pressing my palms against the wall. "I'm so sorry, I was lost-and-and-I didn't know what to do-"

My hands came up to cover my face, knowing that he would beat me there first. I was always hit there, whether it was my head being slammed into the ground or my face slapped repeatedly. I squeezed my eyes closed to try and block out the memories of him that threatened to enter.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I continued to reiterate, my tears starting to flow down my face. "Please don't hurt me, I'm so sorry, just please-"

Sobs started to make their way past my quivering lips, pleads still getting through once and a while.

Images started to flow into my brain; me pinned against the floor while a foot slammed against my sore skull. I tried to stop the pain with everything I could, covering my head with my hands and begging for it to be over already. Insults were hurled at me, each one damaging me more than the other. My head pounded and I started to realize that it was no use trying to get him to stop.

The pain and panic seemed to take over my  body as my vision got dark and the room started to spin. I'd lost so much blood recently and my head was a pounding mess as my body tipped and nearly fell over. My limbs hurt more than ever before.

"What the hell did you do?!" I heard more yells, but surprisingly, they weren't directed at me this time.

I also started to notice that I was no longer pressed against the wall, but I was comfortably wrapped in a blanket, arms safely pulling me into a warm chest. My eyes looked up, meeting the angry scowl of a different man, this one was more...handsome than the other one. He held me tightly, like I was going to crack into pieces if he didn't. Not that I was complaining.

"Get the fuck out of my sight Atticus." He growled, "Now!" his arms only further pressing me against his warm body. "Asshole." he added, the anger on his face not leaving until the man had shuffled up the stairs.

He immediately looked down at me, his eyes softening and a hand coming up to touch my cheek. I flinched and tried to pull away, pleasantly surprised when he didn't hit me, only gently caressed the side of my face.