Ch. 18 - Guy Problems

Start from the beginning

Alfredo looked up at the ceiling, avoiding my gaze. The way his face displayed no emotions whatsoever instantly let me know that my explanation on why I had ditched him only made him angrier.

“No offense, but… Are you fucking stupid?” he shot me a death glare.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, confidently standing back on my feet and facing him. “What are you talking about?”

“You bailed on our plans for a girl? For Alicia? Whatever happened to ‘guys before gals’?”

“I told you—I’m sorry. I really am, bro. I’m not just saying it because it’s fun or anything, I truly mean it. I lost track of time and… I don’t know, I’m just sorry,” I apologized again.

Lost track of time? Doing what? What were you and Alicia doing?” He narrowed his eyes at me and I swallowed hard, switching my gaze to the floor once again.

“We talked…” I shrugged.

“Did—… Did you guys have sex?” he asked slowly, uttering each word with slight disgust.

“Alright, why the fuck do you care? She makes me happy!”

“You left me in this hotel room, all by myself, waiting for you to get your ass over here. You didn’t bother to say anything at all, you just ditched me,” he argued.

“What the fuck is your point, man?”

“My point is that she’s not good for you,” he accused, crossing his arms again.

“She understands me!”

“SHE BROKE YOUR FUCKING HEART, DAMMIT! And she’ll fucking do it AGAIN!” Alfredo yelled so loud, his face turned red in the process. My heart jumped from his outburst and I gaped at him, startled. “Do you want my opinion on who really screwed your head on properly?” I took a step back, eyeing him carefully. “Jackie did.”

I slightly titled my head, puzzled. Confusion swarmed my entire body and I desperately searched my brain for something to match the name Jackie. It sounded beautiful—so familiar. I knew that I knew it from somewhere, I just didn’t know where. What is Alfredo talking about? Who is he talking about?

And that’s when my heart sank. My knees felt weak and it felt as if the world was crashing down below me.

H–How? How could I? How could I be such a terrible person? The one person that lifted my heart and relieved it of the pain of fame, heartbreak and overall life struggles—I repay her by forgetting all about her. Ever since I left her, the image of her was nailed right into my brain, but… It seems as if Alicia had picked up a hammer and used the back of it to pluck that nail right off and watch the image of Jackie fall swiftly to the ground.

That’s what scares me. It scares me that after yesterday, she never crossed my mind, not even for one millisecond. What the hell am I doing? Something’s just not right.

But is it crucially mandatory to forget Jackie in order for me to properly mend things back together with Alicia? Is that what it takes to win back the least bit of happiness I’ve got left?

You see, Alicia’s already in the industry. She’s dealing with the same thing I am—with the same kind of media, though what they write about is different for the two of us.

Jackie? Well I’ve said this before but… She’s a normal girl. I just can’t.. No, I won’t let her get sucked into all this.

It’s the least I can do.

“Yeah, bro… I saw that,” Alfredo chuckled humorlessly.

“What?” I snapped out of my daze and looked up at him, immediately noticing that the word came out low and raspy. Tears were beginning to outline my eyes but I kept my gaze locked on Fredo.

“That look you had on your face when I said Jackie’s name for the first time?” he shrugged, “I saw it. You forgot all about her. Hell, I bet you didn’t even know who the hell I was talking about for a second there. You were probably all like JACKIE WHO?! Yeah, I know you.”

Hearing that out loud, hearing the fact that I forgot about Jackie being said to my face… I couldn’t handle it anymore. I dropped to my knees, unable to hold up my body weight any longer. I hid my face with both my hands and softly began to cry.

My entire body shook. I felt so helpless. For some reason, I even felt abandoned. I felt… I felt what Jackie must be feeling right now. I wonder, how in the world would she react if she found out I forgot her?

How? Just how could I ever have possible done that to her?

**************************************

Yeahh soo…. I know this is a little bit of a late update but I’ve been really busy this week…

I updated my other story “I Got Her Love” because I haven’t in a while so that’s why this one was late. It’s kind of short but at least you’re getting another on the weekend!

Hope you enjoyed it! What’d you guys think? :)

Justin forgot Jackie… Ooooh…

- Nina xx