Chapter 2

Team: Year One
March 11th, 07:31
Wayne Manor

Parker had been awoken rudely by a buzz from her phone. Her groggy mind saw the small device vibrate across the surface. She picked up the phone on her nightstand and, without the aid of her glasses, divined she was being called.

She sat up miserably, wondering who dared call her at such an ungodly hour of the morning. Her finger tapped the obvious green button on the screen. "Hello?" She asked. Someone better be seriously injured or being held for ransom. The Justice League better require her skills. No one woke Logan Parker up in the morning.

"Hey, Parker!" Dick called. Even through the phone his signature grin spoke as much as his voice.

She made a show of groaning. "This better be good." Her morning voice threatened.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked innocently.

"You know damn well you did." Parker retorted. "I can hear you smirking." She said after a moment.

Dick neither confirmed nor denied. Instead, he was straightforward. "I just wanted to let you know that there's a party tonight. Tom said you have to come. Kat agreed."

Before speaking, she groaned and reached for her glasses. Then, twisting his words a bit, she smirked. "Are you inviting me to a party, Mr. Grayson?"

The other side remained silence for a few victorious moments. "I guess I am." He declared. "Everyone else is going with their girlfriend/boyfriend. Wanna be my date tonight?"

Throwing her legs over her bed, they automatically took her to her bathroom. Parker could feel his blush through the phone. It was kind of cute. "You know," she decided. "It might be fun."

"You'll come?!" His surprise subtly pleased her subconsciousness. His delight, though, surprised her.

Parker locked the bathroom door behind her and threw off her jacket. The tank top underneath was pulled down to cover a bit of her exposed stomach. "Yeah," she confirmed. "By the way," she added. "I know what time it is. And I know your schedule. Get your ass to class!"

His nervous chuckled sounded quietly through the speaker. "Ma'am, yes, ma'am. I'll pick you up at six-thirty. It's a casual party, by the way, but I would expect preppy."

He lived across the hallway from her. It would be funny to hear him knock at her door. He probably expected to get dinner before the party.

"I gotcha." Parker responded. "See you tonight."

"See you tonight." He replied.

They hung up simultaneously.

Truth be told, Parker believed nothing she had heard. Dick would never ask her out. Despite her attraction to him, she knew her feelings could not be returned.

She had spoken of her affections to only one other human. Perhaps this human could help her.

She dialed the number until the contact appeared on the screen. It took five rings before he picked up.

"Hey, 'Nali," Wally greeted cheerfully. "I only got, like, three minutes before I have to back. I'm on a bathroom pass."

"It's okay." Parker assured. "I just need your help."