Fear...

Batgirl's p.o.v

"QUINN!!!"

I ran next to Bruce, he shouted her name and before anyone could get to her Scarecrow jabbed her in the neck with a needle. Bruce ran over to Crane, I dropped to the ground near Harley and Dick went to take down ...Dr Croft?! I instantly pulled of my glove and pushed my bare fingers to Harley's neck, praying that Scarecrow didn't leave an air bubble in that needle. Come on. Come on!

Found it !!! Her pulse was a bit high but she seemed fine. I let out I sigh of relief and took of her respirator, If Harley was killed... Gotham would crumble. Sure Harley was just one criminal in Gotham, but she is special. Harley Quinn keeps every other villain at bay in her own special little way: Pamela and Selina stick to petty crime, no murders, no bombs and Gotham hasn't become one huge garden, Joker uses the majority of his time planning psychological and physical torture for his beloved Harley girl instead of blowing up the whole of Gotham, Riddler hasn't taken the whole of Gotham hostage as Quinn seems to humour him and give him the gratification he so desires... no one wants life without Harley Quinn. Scarecrow, or any other villain except from The Joker have never made an attack on the bubbly Harleen Quinzel's life... Scarecrow never attacks his own side, now two in the same day. Harley started to come back to reality as she slowly pealed her dark blue eyes open. She instantly shut her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose with one hand as the other was placed firmly on the ground, she got to her knees and opened eyes yet again, this time she didn't seem impressed with what she saw.

I heard Dick grunt out in pain, my head turned round at the speed of light to focus on him. I stood up instantly as I saw the Dr pull out a needle, same as Scarecrow's. I quickly looked around, no Bruce he must be with Crane. I ran over to Robin kicking the Dr's legs from under him as I did, Mr Croft hit his head of the floor as he fell. I bent down and checked for movement... unconscious. I stood up and motioned for Dick to untie Mrs Croft.

"No..." I turned to see Harley knelt down on the floor staring at nothingness "Puddin... M-my Puddin ...gone." Fear toxins... in the needle?

I walked over to Harley and knelt down besides her. I really believed her when she said Pamela being hurt and alone was her biggest fear... I should of known she still loves him, after everything he has done to her, she loves him and always will. Her biggest fear is Joker dying, not Pam ... not the person who truly loves her, the monster that has abused her for years. Harley was sobbing uncontrollably and clutching at her middle, her twins haven't even been born yet and they have already been through a hell of a lot of stress. Harley opened her tear filled eyes and stopped sobbing, the look of sadness was changed to one of confusion and fear.. a whole lot of fear. I looked over at Robin as he finished securing Mr Croft's unconscious body to the chair that restrained Mrs Croft moments ago. Seconds later both Dick and Mrs Croft were knelt besides me. Harley started pushing herself backwards.

"M-mr J... wat ya doin.... I-i didn't mess up this time. I learnt Mr J I- i really did." Harley's eyes darted to her thigh and she took a sharp breath in. " P-please don't do this Puddin... please. nonononono P-puddin please."

"Marvellous isn't it?" I turned round to see Bruce throwing Crane to the floor next to us. "New recipe. It can be injected straight into the bloodstream, the more fear they feel the longer it will infect the blood. I wish it wasn't Quinn who walked through the door I really do like the kid, but it was only a small dose, she should be rationalising everything now... how did Joker find me? where did everyone else go? You get the idea." Bruce walked up behind him and ripped of Crane's mask, leaving all of his jet black hair to fall over his eyes.

"What did you do to Pamela?!" Crane started to laugh at the question which further infuriated Bruce.

"Red?" Harley turned to look at me with her tear filled eyes, she can see us, the fear toxin has worn off. "W-wats goin on guys? We saved Red yet?" I could see her trying to push the immense fear she had just felt away, she wanted to forget that she doesn't love Pam as much as she thought she did. "Y-you really did it..." she turned to look at Scarecrow with more tears building in her eyes. "Y-ya did this to Red, and ya did it ta me. I though we were buddies. Why?... NO just tell me how to fix it so I never hav'ta look at ya again."

"You can't fix this Harley! It's in her blood now, she has to fight her way back to reality. The only reason it's still affecting her is because shes not strong enough to fight it, shes too afraid. And if were not friends anymore I don't have to keep your little secret. How does it feel to know that losing you is her biggest fear? And what is yours? Losing your abuser! She has let you closer than everyone else in her life, shes given you love and care when you needed it which is always ! But still you will never love her more than your precious Puddin. You should stop stringing her along Harley, me and Pam have never been friends but this is cruel!" I've never agreed with him so much, It is cruel...

"I-i do love Pammy! I really do!"

"Keep telling yourself that Harley. Maybe she's better off in a world where she thinks you're gone." Crane lifted his head up and looked directly into Harley's eyes, he smirked and opened his hand with force... FEAR GAS! I reached over to the respirator on the floor but I was to late.

...

"I'm sorry commissioner... It's Barbara. She, she was killed b-by The Joker." Batman looked down at the body in his arms covered with a large cloth.

My farther pulled back the cloth and looked down at my body... Batgirl's body. He looked up at The dark knight and then back to the body, my body. His eyes filled with tears, but she shook them away. His daughter was not Batgirl! He pulled of the mask to reveal my beaten and bloody face, not Batgirl's face...Babara Gordon's face, his daughters face. I never told him about my secret identity... he found out as he looked at my dead body. I closed my eyes hard

...

When I opened my eyes back up I saw the room again, everyone was getting back to reality... Scarecrow and Mr croft were gone.

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed. Vote and comment if you feel like it I really appreciate it and its nice to know how everyone is feeling about the story. As per usual there will be a new part soon so stay tuned~Jw

p.s typing on a laptop was way harder then typing on my phone ... it doesn't auto cap the first letter of the sentence... effort!