Please Pamela

🌱 Ivy's P.o.V 🌱

A couple of minutes later Harley emerged from the cramped little bathroom. I rubbed away any trace of tears from my face, I had to be the strong one, she couldn't see me crying. I don't cry. I don't know how but Harl makes me feel more... more human even if I didn't think it was possible.

"Hey Harl..." I slowly got to my feet, I don't think I could handle her backing away again like - like I was some kind of threat. "you ready?" I pulled a simple smile and tried to read how she was feeling. She kept pulling at her shirt, she kept trying to make it longer like it would protect her... from me. She looked better though, no more blood. I could see where she had been scrubbing her skin so hard even under with the bruises that covered most of her skin.

She didn't answer, she slowly raised her head to meet mine. Her eyes now a lighter shade of blue, but still there was something off.

"Red... Can we just..." Talk was she going to say talk. Please Harl tell me what he did to you to make you so- so different... so hurt and fragile. I want to know how I can help you recover. "go to bed... Please."

"But harl..." I didn't know what to say if she went to sleep she would be left with her thoughts... I couldn't help her if she slept. I couldn't find out what happened, how to make all the pain go away. Her worse enemy is herself, she has already talked herself into the idea that this was her fault.

"Ivy. I know what you're going to say and no I don't want to talk... Please just- just leave it." She tried to mask how she was feeling with her voice but the fear was still there. Why was she locking me out?

"Harl I'm just trying to help-" I couldn't even finish before she screamed at me.

"You can't help me Pamela! No one can." I barely noticed she had ran back into my bathroom and started crying once again. What did she call me... Sure Pamela is my actual name but not to Harley? To Harley I was Red sometimes Ivy, at a push Pam or Pammy but never Pamela. I snapped myself out of it, this was not about me, it was about Harl.

"Harley, I'm sorry. Please just come out. I won't ask any more questions...." I was holding back tears expecting her to walk out but she didn't. " I promise."

Harley emerged from the bathroom once again, tears covering her face. She simply nodded her head and held her hand out to me. I slipped my hand into hers, the close contact made my heart race, she felt so warm so soft. I smiled warmly and we walked to my bedroom, she put all her weight on me but I didn't mind.

I helped her up onto my bed and tucked her in. Maybe tonight I would actually sleep, knowing my Harley was safe next to me. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her. The green haired maniac would have to take her from my cold dead hands.

After a couple of minutes, I was pretty sure Harl was asleep. I shifted closer to the beautiful blonde. She looked happy whilst she slept, it warmed my heart. Dam I love her so much. I never want this moment to end, but I have to sleep so I'm alert. So I can protect her and be there for her. Maybe in the morning she will feel better. Maybe she will tell me what's wrong. Please Harl, just let me in. I won't hurt you I'm not like that monster, I actually love you.

🕓 Hours later🕓

I was woken by the deafening scream of Harley

"Mr J please Puddin, stop... NO NO PLEASE PUDDIN I'VE LEARNT PUDDIN!"

Thanks for reading. Please comment below. next part coming soon ~ Jw