Netflix Night

"Hey." Matthew says, as he comes up to me. "Hey," I answer. "So...you gonna go to the 'terrible terrible place were everyone is stupid and no one should go to'?" He asks. "If your talking about the dance, then no." I roll my eyes. "Aww, come on why not?" He pouts. Hitting him lightly on the shoulder I answer, "cause no ones asked me and I don't like dances." Acting offended, he wonders. "So, if someone were to ask you to the dance, you would go?" Slowly I start, "I don't know. Depends, I guess. Why does it matter to you? Aren't you going with...Natalie?" "Yeah, apparently I am." He replied. "Is that a bad thing?" "No...its not, why do you ask?" "It just seems like you don't want to go." With her, I add mentally.  "I -I do want to go with her." He says. "Sure you do," I say, sarcastically. "What's that supposed to mean?" "Nothing." I grin. I look up at the messy haired brunette, who was grinning back at me. "Sure it doesn't," Matt smiles. "It doesn't! I swear it doesn't!" I laugh. He lips pressed in a thin line, trying to contain the laughter. Her eyes sparkling with joy. "So...what're you going to do while I'm at the dance, and you're family's gone?" Matt wondered. "Ah, you know me. Nothing, except maybe build a blanket/pillow fort and watch Netflix and eat. Best thing ever, binge watching and eating your favorite foods. What could be better?" She answered. "Nothing." He said, as he looked in front of him. "You know, you can always come if you want. But that's only if you want to ditch your date, which won't happen. So..." I say quickly. He looks at me, and says. "Yeah." Matt leaves, to who knows where.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Later that night I hear a knock on my door. "Is that invitation still open?" "Yeah, of course." I tell Matthew. Gesturing for him to come inside, I say, "welcome to Netflix Night." He chuckles, "it's a pleasure to be here." Rolling my eyes I crawl inside the fort made of pillows that surround most of the living room and make myself comfortable. Matt, doing the same thing. We watch a few Disney movies (and sing along), the princess bride, and The 100.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the end of the night the two best friend were fast asleep in each other's arms on the floor with the tv still on. Food scattered all around the floor looking as if someone had robbed the home of its food.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning came by, the friends still asleep. Legs entangled with each other, Matt's arm around her waist, her head snuggled into his chest. Almost as if they fit perfectly together. Matthew is the first to awake. He doesn't say anything, just thinks and stares. At her, her beauty. How messy her hair is, how she looks calm and peaceful. The way she acts, how her eyes light up, how she smiles like there's nothing wrong in the world. So beautifully. He doesn't notice anything but her. Then she awakes. Noticing that he was staring, but doesn't say anything about it. The pair stay like that for a while. Just looking. "We should probably get up," the young girl says breaking the silence. "Yea, we probably should." He answers. They get up together, working as a unit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Days go by. "Best friends? Forever?" She asks him. "Always and forever." He replies. The two get closer. More 'Netflix Nights', soon they'll be out of high school. Going to college.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hi." The girl began. "Hey," the boy acknowledged. "Are we still doing 'Netflix Night' tonight?" She wonders aloud. "Yeah, yeah, we are." He stutters. "What's wrong?" She questions. "Nothing. Nada, everything's fine. Trust me." Matt replies. Really? I'm your best friend, I think I know you well enough to know when your lying. She gives him a look, that's says, seriously? "Okay, it's just that. I'm not sure if we'll be able to last through college. I mean, what if we don't? Lots of things happen, friendships die." He explains. "Oh. Yeah, college. I believe that we will be a low to get through it. Remember? Best friends?Forever?" She reminds him. "Always and forever." Matthew answers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That day, two best friends walk across a stage with diplomas in hand and a cap on their heads. Graduation. The day everyone hopes for and everyone celebrates. After the ceremony and speeches there's cake. The two talk and eat. She looks into his eyes and says, "Netflix Night?" He smiles in answer, "Netflix Night." They both know that no matter where life takes them they will always have each other. Always be there. Forever and always.
THE END

~~~~~~
Extra: based on the the "okay?" "Okay." From the fault in our stars by John green. And the "I will always find you." From once upon a time.