Sad

Love? It's stupid. It's cruel, and it hurts people. Do me a favor and never fall in love, you'll just get yourself hurt. If a 'crush' lasts longer than four months, then you have fallen in love. Everything you know about love is a lie. Fairytales are dead. They just teach you that if you have a guy, your life will be perfect. Lies. All lies. Never trust a guy with your heart, even if you think you know him. They'll just take advantage of you, and crush your heart right in front of your eyes. They hurt you, slowly or all at once. Even "happily ever after's" don't last, every one just ends of broken and empty and sad. Being in love is dangerous, it'll get you killed. They might say "I love you", but how do you know that they really mean it? Why isn't there a world where humans are being loved and not used? Why? Why do we live in a complicated world? Why can't we make it simple? Why? Is everyone like this? Cruel and angry and sad and confused...is everyone like that? I don't want to be like that, but I am. That was years ago, now I suck it up and fake a smile, a good one too.

"Hey, you coming?" Someone, my 'friend' asks.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I am, just give me a minute." I answer, thoughtlessly.

"Okay."

She leaves. I'm thankful for that. No one knows that I've been on the run since ten years of age. And no one here will know. I leave on Friday, today is Tuesday. I am anxious for week to end, and for my departure. I get up, and go to my 'friends'. Everyone talks, they talk and talk. I lag behind a few people.

"Hey, you okay?" Austin, asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lying, I answer.

"That's not what I asked." He says.

"Yeah, you asked if I was fine and I said I was." I counter.

"I asked if you were okay, not fine. There is a difference between fine and okay." Austin argues.

"Well then, I'm okay, thank you for asking." I reply, harshly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I sigh.

"Okay then, if your okay, then you wouldn't mind coming to the house party at Connors house this Thursday."

"Thursday? Why not Friday?"

"His parents come Friday, they left yesterday, so they thought that Thursday would be great for a party."

"Okay, I'll be there."

"Okay then." He says, smiling like a mad man.

He goes up to my other 'friends' and says things. They talk some more. I bet they see me as the "emo" one in the group. Always wearing black, listening to music 24/7 and almost never socializing. The song changed to "dream" by Imagine Dragons. I started to sing softly, quietly, "in the dark and I'm right on the middle mark I'm just in the tier of everything that rides below the surface and I watch from a distance seventeen and I'm short of the others dreams of being golden and on top it's not what you painted in my head there's so much there instead the all the colors that I saw..." my friends stop and turn to me.

"What?" I ask, clueless as the music still plays.

"Sing again," Violet says.

So I do, except louder this time, "but I wanna dream I wanna dream leave me to dream in the eyes of a teenage crystallized oh the prettiest of lights..." I stop. "Why do I have to sing again?"

"Because, you have a beautiful voice," Austin answers.

"Oh," I say, then look down at my phone. "I have to go, talk to you later?"

"Ok," Violet replies. "See you later."

"Bye..." I walk away from the group, then break out into a run once far away. I sing again, quietly though, "they lead me to believe that everything's a mess but I wanna dream I wanna dream leave me to dream I wanna dream I wanna dream leave me to dream..." the song changes, to 'fall for you' by Secondhand Serenade. After four songs by Secondhand Serenade, I was at an abandoned house I called home...until Friday. After Friday I would have to find a new place, a new school, a new home. I fall asleep on a blanket that's on the floor that night.

The next morning, I change into my regular clothes, black shirt, pants, and sweater. I grab the phone that my 'friends' gave to me for my birthday and put in some music. I get to class five minutes early. I sit and think in my seat. I think about my life before I left, and all the other people I pretended to be. My fake identities. I think of the past. The future. And now, the present. The warning bell rings, and my 'friends' walk into the class, laughing and talking. Loudly. Class passes by. Slowly. I felt school drag on for even more hours, school felt longer then usual.

Once I got home, I closed the door and cried. I thought about everything and cried. I'm so selfish, I think. Why? I cry for hours. No one will ever understand me. I'm not like everyone else. I deserve everything bad that has ever happened to me. The people who have accepted me don't know my after school life. My past life. They don't know that this is...that I'm just going to leave. Like...I always leave. I'm a coward. I'm dumb and ugly and deserve to be beat. I just want to be alone, forever.