New story

"Mack!! Please!!! Will you go with me!!" My best friend Lisa begged, she wanted me to go to the Prom with her

-not like that, idiots- and there was noo way i was gonna do that. It's just not me.

"No, I'm not going, I already told you." I reply.

"Please!!!" Begging with puppy eyes.

"Nope! Not gonna happen, never am I ever going to that retched place."  See, I hated Proms, you get dressed up for one stupid not important night, I thought it was stupid.

"How many times do I have to explain to you!? it's not 'retched' it's fun and exciting!! Don't you see it?"

"No, it's dumb, because A) you might spend a ton of money for one night, B) most of the people who go are self-centered and want some fake crown that you'll never wear again." I point out.

"Okay, I can see where you can see that, but you can always re-use the dress, and for the crown...well what about kids? You could always give it to a kid." 

"No, I'm not gonna go." I say, stubbornly.

"Mackenzie," -i glare at her for using my full name- "you've always been so stubborn, and I worry about you. You have to be more...open." She sighs,

"Don't use my full name! You know that I hate it." I say through my gritted teeth. Lisa just smiles. Then an idea struck. "Lisa, i have a deal with you, if -and i mean if i go to this stupid idiotic Prom you have to get or do something for me, deal?" She considers this for a while.

"Deal, but nothing too embarrassing or expensive, okay?"

"Fine." I sigh.

"Great!! We'll have so much fun!! But first we'll need buy you some dresses, " she said looking inside my small closet, "Something new, and pretty."

"What!? What's wrong with my dresses?" I ask.

"Oh, Honey, have you seen them? You need a whole new wardrobe, it's all...old, new clothes, new you!"

"Hey! I chose those clothes! I am offended." I say, faking offense.

She scoffs and replys, "sure, I totally believe you." I stick my tongue out at her.

"Very mature."

"Yes, yes it is."

"haha, no time for jokes but we need to sort out your dresses for the 'yes, we might use' or the 'heck no' okay?"

"Suurree." I answer. Today is gonna be a long day. I wish I hadn't agreed to this. Lisa started talking again, oh no. She is gonna kill me, I'm too young to die!!! Help!! She will be the death of me, this will be the longest school year ever, I can feel it. Ugh.

Then after the longest day of trying on dresses and shoes, I was ready to drop. I didn't really understand why we -I had to try on all those shoes and dresses, the Prom was like a few months away!! Ugh!!! Lisa the Killer, is gonna kill me!!!

  "Pumpkin!! Your Mother says foods ready!!" My Dad, Phillp, yells from the Living Room.

  "K!! Be there in a sec!!" I shout, back. Food, finally. My feet thumping down the stairs I walk to kitchen smelling to what seems like pizza.

  "Pizza Night?" I ask, looking at my mom Elizabeth. She smiles, and says "Yes, you know Friday is always Pizza Night. You shouldn't have to ask."

"Yes." I say, pumping my fist in the air.

  "Pizza?" Asks my little annoying brothers, Nick and Jeffory or Jeff. They look at each other with a crazy look in thier eyes. Then they run back to their room, or what they call their 'Man Lair'. I had a bad feeling about this. Whenever they had that look in thier eyes something bad was gonna happen. We all ate in the Dining Room, as a family. After my second pizza, I didn't think I could eat anymore. Too much food.

"I'm gonna go upstairs, I'm full, okay?" I tell my parents.

"Sure, Sweetheart." My Mom answers. I run up the stairs, grab a random book and start reading. About thirty minutes after i had started reading my phone goes beep-ep! I check it, and it's from Lisa, of course.

-Hey!! I think i found a dress for you!! look:

pretty?? Right!?!

-Well...it's pretty, but A) I don't like long dresses, I like dresses that go to the knees, B) I like dark colored dresses, okay?

She replies by saying:

      -Fine!! Ugh!! it took my four hours to find that dress!! hpm!! We are gonna go shopping tomorrow!! Whether you like it or not!!

    -Nooo!!!! There is no need for that!!! Remember?? The Prom is a few months away!!

   -Yeah, but if we wait to the last minute, then we won't get all the good dresses!!!

   -Fine, but I won't like it.

   -Yeah!!! See ya later, loser!!

Tomorrow was gonna be a very long day, and I'm hoping to live through it.

I fell asleep last night with a the book i was reading in my face and someone brought me a blanket, i wonder who.

"Rise and shine, today we gonna be out shopping, okay?" Lisa's recognizable voice said.

"Uugghh, " I groan, "do we have to?"

"Yes, yes we do."

"But whyy?" I said, dragging the y.

"Because, we need to do a lot of things before the dance, and i have heard rumors that this years lockin will be the night of the dance, so chop-chop, we have work"

Thirty minutes later, I was up and dressed to go to the mall. I complained the entire time we were going, just like a little kid would. She shut me up by agreeing to buy me a book of my choice. We looked at all the stores but she -we didn't find any dresses, and I didn't get my book. I had rejected every single dress. So now we are at my house, eating chips and watching a movie. I wasn't paying too much attention to the movie though, I had to much on my mind. Thoughts of school, family, expectations...everything. I didn't even realize that I was falling asleep until Lisa yelled at me to wake up. Yup, that's my best friend, a friend who yells to wake another friend awake, soo great.

"I'm up, I'm up, what do you want? I wanna go to sleep." I yawn, now realizing how true that was.

   "Whyyyy?!?" Whines Lisa.

   "Because I'm not a robot who can stay up all night, I need sleep, I'm a human."

   "Please!?!" She askes with a puppy face, "please!? With a cherry on top!?"

   "Fine...I guess can try to stay up..."

    I didn't make it. Three hours later I was fast asleep, dreaming of...well, everything. Once I was asleep, you couldn't wake me up. I was a deep sleeper, it would take an alarm to the ear to wake me up, or food. I loved (and still do) food.