3

Lauren went up the stairs, and closed herself in the room. She went straight to the bed with her Nala in hands and cuddled it under the cover. Pulling up the jacket's sleeve that Ariana lend to her, she looked at the nicely bandage arm. Tears welled up soon after she remembered yesterday's incident. She sat up and wiped off her own tears. Eyes glancing down and she saw that grey stuff toy looking up at her.

"What are you looking at?" She snapped softly at the toy, narrowing her eyes at the same time.

Bringing it close to her, she started punching on the face.

"It's because of you! I hate you!" Lauren huffed out and strangled the stuff toy hard.

"Why do I have to like you!?" She whispered and hugged the toy closed to her chest.

*

"Hey!" The raven girl greeted her.

She returned a shy nod and a light smile. Normani had told her that this person standing in front doesn't like loudness. Lauren know very well that she is loud, so in order not to leave a bad impression, she tried to be as quiet as possible.

"You're the new dorm mate?" She leaned against the couch, eyes observing her.

"Yes." Lauren answered and smiled brightly.

"I'm Camila." She introduced herself and Lauren's eyes widen.

"Christian name?"

Camila raised her eyes and nodded her head. "Hi, Christian name."

Lauren frowned at that greeting, confused by the reaction.

Camila shook her head as a light smile appeared on her face. "Yeah, I have a Christian name. What's yours?"

Realizing that she was being teased,  Lauren blushed and pouted.

"I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui."

"Not local huh?"  Camila asked as she caught the fluent English/Spanish accent being pronounced on the name.

"I'm a Cuban American baby." Lauren beamed.

"I see. No wonder Normani put you in the same room as me." Camila nodded her head at the response and gestured her towards her room.

"You'll be sharing room with me from now on. This will be your bed, everything is shared but privacy is not." Camila  said as she sat on her own bed, pointing to the bed opposite hers.

"Oh yeah, Spanish is allowed in here." Camila spoke in Spanish and smiled.

"You speak Spanish too?" Startled by the change of language, Lauren snapped her head towards the older girl.

Camila stood up and went nearer to the younger girl.

"I'm Cuban Mexian baby." She copied her previous statement and ended with a suave smile.

*

"Idiotic person with that idiotic suave smile!" Lauren muttered as she remembered their first encounter.

The first time where Lauren found out that her heart was being stolen away.

*

"Laur uh! It's alright. You can go home soon after the semester is over." Dinah petted the younger girl's head and gave her a friendly kiss on her forehead.

It's been two months in LA and Lauren is starting to miss her far away family. Not to mention, it's her first time to celebrate her birthday without them. Lauren doesn't remember what happened. She was chatting with Dinah and all of a sudden, they touched on the topic of family which made Lauren felt homesick more than ever. Maybe it's just the right time, right place and right moment. Lauren broke down in front of the older girl after two months of suppressing her homesickness.