5

Camila waited patiently at the side yard as she leaned against the back rest of the swing, waiting for Jesse to come back from her party.

She watched as the sunrise up to the sky, turning the dark sky to light blue. The smell of the grass wafted into her nose and she breathed in deep, feeling more alert than ever despite being awake for the whole night. Jesse appeared not long after, just as she had expected. She stood up and walked over to the gate.

"You're back." She said and frowned slightly when the strong and stinky alcohol stench filled her lungs.

Jesse smiled at her giddily, her face was flushed red and she gave a sloppy wave.

"Hi Mila." She greeted and one could pick up the suppression of slurring.

Camila stood still in front of her with a waist – high gate in between them. She watched as Jesse's hand fumbled around trying to unhook the latch.

"Are you drunk?" Camila questioned as her eyes remained fixed upon Jesse's clumsy hand which was still trying to unhook the latch.

"A little." Jesse replied and let out a frustrating grunt as she could not open the gate.

Camila bit on her lower lips and let out a deep breath. Pulling Jesse's hand away, she unlatched the gate and opened it. Immediately, Jesse collapsed into her embrace. She held onto Jesse's waist to prevent her from falling down.

"Wake up." Camila called and tried to push Jesse up but the latter tightened the hug.

"I'm awake." Jesse replied and snuggled her face deeper into the crook of Camila's neck.
Camila turned her head away, clearly irritated by the action and the smell of alcohol abusing her lungs.

"Go up and get yourself freshened up. I'm bringing you to a place." Camila said and placed a hand around Jesse's waist.

She guided her to the main door but it was opened before she could place her hand on the knob. She looked up and saw Lauren standing in front. Lauren was wearing a checkered shirt with a pair of tights, a jacket hanging on her left arm as she carried a side bag on her right.

"Morning." Lauren greeted and moved to the side quickly, allowing Camila and Jesse to enter the house.

"Morning. Thanks." Camila greeted back and hurried up to the stairs, going into their room.

Lauren stood there, the alcohol smell lingering in the air as she looked at the back view of them until Normani interrupted her.

"Laur?" Lauren glanced back into the living room where Normani was approaching towards.