6

"You're awake."

Lauren nodded as she stood at the entrance of the kitchen. She was in her changed clothes and her hair was tied up in a bun, her baby hair around her neck flipping gently as the wind blew.

"You're up early."

Lauren m

uttered as she went in. She took a seat at the dining table as Camila past her a bowl of cereal and settled down in front of her.

"Normani called and said she won't be back before dinner."

Camila dipped her spoon into the bowl and scooped up a mouth of cereal.

"We'll have to settle dinner by ourselves."

Lauren nodded and stirred the content in her bowl. She bit her lower lip and stared at the cereal spinning in the bowl.

Hesitantly, she stopped the stirring and asked.

"How did I end up on my bed?"

Camila looked up with least interest and swallowed the cereal carefully before opening her mouth to answer.

"I carried you."

Lauren shot her head up in surprised and blinked her eyes at Camila, who was back eating her cereal.

"Yo – you should have wakened me up."

"I don't see the need."

"B – but... I'm hea -"

"You're not heavy."

"That's not true!"

Camila let out an irritated breath through her nose and scooped another mouth of cereal.

"Furthermore, it's – it's embarrassing."

Lauren whined softly as she returned her gaze to the bowl of cereal and pouted slightly. Camila hissed lightly at the whining and Camila clamped her mouth shut, taking the hint from Camila to keep quiet.

They finished their breakfast in silence except for the occasion clinking of utensils against the bowl and a few cars driving by on the street outside their dorm.

*

"You're going out?" Camila questioned when she saw Lauren coming down with her bagpack. Lauren adjusted the straps on her shoulder and stood in front of Camila.