Motivational Quotes #1,951-2,000

(1,951)To get the full value of a joy, you must have somebody to divide it with.

Mark Twain

(1,952)Don't worry about being worried. You're heading out on an adventure and you can always change your mind along the way.

Tracy Kidder

(1,953)Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over every day, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and affecting that the heart is nearly stilled in astonishment.

Dean Koontz

(1,954)Hold no man responsible for what he says in his grief.

The Talmud

(1,955)No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.

Alice Walker

(1,956)The greatest power that a person possesses is the power to choose.

J. Martin Kohe

(1,957)When you hear a kind word spoken about a friend, tell him so.

H. Jackson Brown Jr.

(1,958)Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

(1,959)The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

(1,960)A compliment is a gift, not to be thrown away carelessly, unless you want to hurt the giver.

Eleanor Hamilton

(1,961)The great art of giving consists of this:

The gift should cost very little and yet be greatly coveted, so that it may be the more highly appreciated.

Baltasar Gracian

(1,962)I count him braver who conquers his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is the victory over self.

Aristotle

(1,963)He who laughs last is generally the last to get the joke.

Terry Cohen

(1,964)To be really great in little things, to be truly noble and heroic in the insipid details of everyday life, is a virtue so rare as to be worthy of canonization.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

(1,965)No one will ever win the battle of the sexes, because there's too much fraternizing with the enemy.

Henry Kisinger

(1,966)A wrong-doer is often a man that has left something undone, not always he that has done something.

Marcus Aurelius Antonius

(1,967)If we let things terrify us, life won't be worth living.

Seneca

(1,968)It's the act of a madman to pursue impossibilities.

Marcus Aurelius Antonius

(1,969)The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

(1,970)Everything a human being wants can be divided into four components: