37: Trying

Yooooo don't hate me for that cliffhanger 😂 I hope you all can forgive me!

---------------------------

Baylee's POV

It had been two weeks since Chase left. We haven't talked. He's tried, he really has. He's even went to the extent of having his crew chief call me and tell me to call him back.

I just couldn't. I couldn't call him back, cause I can't forgive him yet. I'm not even sure I can forgive him for just leaving like that.

My phone, which sat on the nightstand next to my bed, began buzzing.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of Chase calling once again.

I picked up my phone, and clicked the answer button.

"What? What do you want?" I snapped.

"Oh uh, it's me, Ryan." Ryan said through the phone.

"Oh hey Ryan, sorry I thought you were-"

"Chase? You thought I was Chase? Nope definitely not Chase." He stated, cutting me off in the process.

"Yeah." I said quietly, not sure what to say next.

"Sorry, anyways how've you been?" Ryan says, avoiding the subject of Chase and I.

"Well, I've done nothing for the past two weeks except feel sorry for myself and cry on my best friend Chrissy's shoulder. So I'm about as good as I can be." I said almost irritated.

"I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I miss seeing you around the racetrack." He said.

"I miss seeing you too, Blankie." I said with a soft laugh, he laughed too.

"So I know it's a sore subject but will you please tell me what happened with you and Chase? He's been really quiet for the past two weeks and has barely said a word to anyone. I figured he would've told me by now, but he's basically avoided me." Ryan said.

"Yeah," I said. I quickly explained the events that took place after Quincy's funeral, how Chase went to Chad's house instead of staying with me, how I left his suitcase on the front porch, and when he came to apologize but failed to do so. Most importantly, how he left and never said goodbye.

"Are you kidding me?" Ryan said, he was obviously very pissed off. That's probably why Chase didn't tell him, he knew he'd get an ass whooping from Ryan.

"That's really what happened." I said. I heard a frustrated sigh on the other end.

"I'll talk to him." He said.

"Ryan, you don't have to."

"I know, he wouldn't do something like this unless there wasn't something really wrong. So I'll talk to him and see what's up." Ryan said, his voice sympathetic.

"Okay thanks Ryan." I said.

"Anything for you B." He stated.

"I'll talk to you later, yeah?" I asked.

"Of course I'll call you when I figure something out."

"Bye Blaney."

"Bye B."

-----------------------

Ryan's POV

I had just hung up the phone with Baylee. I was furious, I don't know what and the hell is wrong with Chase but I'm about to find out.

It's kind of funny really, it almost seems like lately Baylee and I are closer than Chase and I were, and I've known Chase for years.

I stood up and walked out the bus door, heading to Chase's bus.

I didn't even bother to knock, I let myself in knowing he probably wouldn't have let me in otherwise.

I made my way to the back bedroom, and there he was curled up in a ball with the most blank look on his face.

"Chase, would you like to explain what the hell is going on?" I asked, trying my best to remain calm.

"Nothing." He said flatly, yet you could still hear the hurt in his voice.

"Okay that's bullshit, obviously somethings wrong, Baylee isn't here, and you're a mess." I said. Chase sat up so he was facing me.

"I don't know I messed up really bad, and I don't think I can fix it." He gave me a sad look.

"Look, I know what happened, Baylee told me. You're lucky I'm not in here too beat your ass. You need to fix this, while you still can." I told him.

"I don't know how I can. See, it's because I got really nervous. After going to the funeral with her, I just needed a break. My head was telling me we were moving too fast and I guess I just had a minor meltdown." Chase said.

"I know now, that we weren't moving too fast and that I want nothing more than to be with her, but I screwed that all up by leaving her. Now I'm sure her family hates me." Chase said, finishing his rant.

"Well Chase, she doesn't know any of that. Don't you think if maybe she had a clue as to what was going on, she might feel a little sympathy?" I said.

"I don't know, I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I guess I already did." He frowned.

I patted him on he shoulder. "You just need to talk to her."

"I-I can't." He said. "I've tried calling her hundreds of times and she won't answer." He said, panicking.

"First of all, calm down." I told him. "Second of all, who ever taught you apologizing over the phone was the best way to show you're sorry?" I said.

As if the lightbulb went off in Chase's head, his eyes lit up.

"You're right. I got an idea." Chase stood up, grabbing his phone and walking to his dresser.

I knew that my work here was done.

------------------------

Ooooooh Chase has an ideaaaa

What do you think is going to happen? Let me know what you think!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, thanks for reading! - BM

P.S. Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter, I appreciate you guys! 💕