4: Barbecues & Boyfriends

(a/n: before I start, I just want you all to know how appreciative I am that you are actually reading this. I know I'm not that great at story writing, but its kind of helping me get through some complicated stuff right now, so I hope you enjoy. Btw, I LOVE feedback, if you could just comment and tell me something you liked about the story, or your favorite parts, it would make my day honestly! Thanks again! -BM)

P.S. I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday, I've been crazy busy cause I'm moving and I was really tired last night!

P.P.S. It's gets a little steamy in this one! 😉
---------------------------------

Baylee's POV

We made our way back outside, his hand in mine. My mom smiled and brought me in for a side hug.

"What?" I laughed.

"Oh nothing, my baby's just growing up."

"Oh geez mom, don't even start." I rolled my eyes.

"Have you met my parents?" Chase asked, I felt Chase moved his hand to the small of my back as he motioned me to his parents.

"Uh no, I haven't, nice to meet you, I'm Baylee Holt." I shake his parents hands.

"I'm Bill." His dad smiles.

"And I'm Cindy, we've heard a lot about you!" She shakes my hand.

I give Chase a goofy smile, "Oh you have?" Already? That could be really creepy or really good, I'm not sure how to take it.

"Okay time to go." Chase changes the subject and pulls me away.

"So you've talked about me already?" I smile.

"Okay I haven't talked about you that much and-" Chase began to ramble.

I put my finger on his lips, "Chase-" I pause, "it's okay, I think it's adorable."

"Oh okay." He laughed awkwardly and scratched his neck.

"Come on let's go hang out with your family."

I grab his hand and pull him closer to his family.

Most of the night is spent telling stories, and eating.

Now we're all just sitting around the fire pit in the backyard, listening to some old country music and listening to Bill tell stories about when he used to race. I'mbsitting on Chase's lap with my arm around his neck while my hand is playing with his hair.

I enjoy hearing his dad and his uncle talk about when they used to race each other, I could only hope when I have children one day that they will be as close as them.

After the fire died down we decided it was getting late and should probably head home. We said our goodbyes and I gave Chase a kiss on the cheek before we left. I made sure to send him a quick text before I fell asleep.

Baylee: Thanks for inviting me, I had lots of fun 😉😘

---------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning, starting the day by eating breakfast with my family.

"So you're really into this Chase kid huh?" My dad asked.

"Nah, we're just good friends right now." I said, trying not to think too much into the situation.

"Whatever you say Baylee." My mom smirks. 

I cleaned up my plate and went to my room. I laid back down in my bed and grabbed my remote to put on my favorite movie.

The doorbell rang, pulling me out of my focus.