11: Camping & Car Rides

The rest of the week flew by, with Chase and I hanging out every day.

Today is Friday, and of course I started the day like I always do and get ready. It took me a while but after lots and lots of begging I got my parents to let me go camping with Chase this weekend.

I had just finished packing my duffle bag with clothes and all the supplies I thought I might need, when I heard my parents yelling at each other, it hasn't happened in a while so it caught me off guard. My eyes started to tear up, hoping they wouldn't bring me into it like they always do.

I walked over to the other side of my bed and grabbed my phone, pulling the charger out of the wall and putting the cord in my bag.

I dialed Chase's number waiting for it to ring.

After a two rings he picked up, "Hey I'm getting ready to leave now, whatcha need?" He said with a slight laugh.

"Chase, I really need you to hurry. I need to get out of here as soon as possible." I said really quick not trying to cry, but failing.

"Baby, are you okay? I'm leaving now, I'll hurry. What's wrong?" Chase said.

"My parents," I started to cry. "They're fighting again."

"Stay on the phone with me till I get there, I'll be there in a few minutes baby girl." My heart fluttered at the sound of him calling me his baby girl.

"Okay." I said shaking.

He kept talking to me and trying to keep me calm. "Alright stay on the phone with me and just walk out the front door, act like you don't even see your parents." Chase said.

"Okay." I grabbed my bag and started to walk to the door, luckily once I made it to the front door I saw that Chase was getting out of his truck, I shut the front door behind me and came up and hugged him. "Thank you so much." I whispered into his ears as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Chase led me over to his truck, he grabbed my bag and put it in the backseat. He then opened the truck door for me so I could climb in.

Chase ran around the front of the truck and climbed in on his side.

It was a two hour drive to the place we were going to go camping at so I just decided to get comfortable.

I grabbed Chase's hand and used my thumb to draw circles on the back of his hand. "Chase can we stop by Starbucks?" I smiled sweetly.

"Whatever you want, babe." Chase looked at me and smiled.

7 minutes later we pulled off to a Starbucks, Chase and I walked in and began to order. "Hi can I get a venti white chocolate mocha frappacino please?" The cashier nodded, I moved out of the way so Chase could order. Chase ordered and stood by me as we waited for our drinks to be made.

The lady set our drinks up on the counter. Chase grabbed them, and handed me mine as we walked out the door. We climbed back in the truck and headed out towards the place we were camping at.

I took a few sips of my drink and leaned over the center console to be closer to Chase.

"Here." Chase said. He tried to lift the center console up so it could be a middle seat and also keep his eyes on the road at the same time. "I got it." I laughed, doing it for him.

I scooted over so I was right next to him. There's something about us, I don't know what it is but we just liked being close. I held his right hand while his other hand was on the steering wheel.

I turned on the radio and plugged my phone into his AUX cord. I put my Spotify playlist on shuffle and waited for the song to start.

I Just Want You by Cole Swindell came on, who just so happens to be my favorite country singer. I started to sing along and so did Chase. Let me tell you he is not a fantastic singer, but I enjoyed every second of it cause it was him that was singing.

"I love it when you sing." Chase said.

"Why?" I laughed softly.

"Cause I love your voice and it makes me happy." He said.

"Thanks babe." I messed his hair up and went back to holding his hand.

I laid my head on his shoulder and before I knew it I fell asleep.

--------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Let me know what you thought! Thanks for reading! -BM