14: Different Point of Views Pt. 2

look at my cute little Chase 💋

Chase's POV

I hopped out of the truck before Baylee and got the tent out of the truck.

"Wanna help me?" I asked.

"Of course." She smiled at me, giving me butterflies like always. She grabbed the other end of the tent and pulled it out of the bag.

After what felt like a ton of failed attempts Baylee and I finally got the tent set up right. It's so small, once we get all of our stuff in there we won't have any other option but to cuddle and I'm not complaining.

"I never thought we'd get this tent up." I laughed, pulling her closer to me and kissing her.

We walked over to the truck and grabbed the rest of our things and put them in the tent, setting up our sleeping bags and blankets.

"Wanna start a fire?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said, I walked over to the truck and grabbed some logs, saving her from the heavy lifting.

I watched her as she.grabbed the matches and the lighter fluid. I set the logs up in a cone shape so they would be solid for a campfire. She squeezed the lighter fluid on the logs and lit a match and threw it on the logs.

"We make a good team." I smiled at her and kissed her softly on the lips. "I agree." She said.

We set up our lawn chairs next to each other "Are you hungry?" I asked.

"No. I'm still full from earlier." She answered.

"I brought my Bluetooth speaker, wanna dance?" She smiled, looking at me. I love dancing with her, we were dancing when we first hung out and we were dancing when we first kissed.

"Why wouldn't I?" I smiled back at her.

I watched as she grabbed her speaker and put on the music, setting the speaker and her phone in the lawn chair.

Cry With You by Hunter Hayes came on, I could tell in her eyes this song meant something to her.

"Oh my god I love this song so much." She grabbed me hands and pulled me over to the other side of the fire and started to dance with me.

She put my arms up on my shoulders and I placed my hands around her small waist. Her head rested on my chest, and my head rested on hers. I love being with her. "I'm so glad you came camping with me." I said out of nowhere.

"Me too." She said.

"It's not too often you can find a girl who has a sexier truck than you and loves the outdoors." I couldn't help but laugh, it was true.

We danced will that song ended and then Play It Again by Luke Bryan came on.

"You know, when I saw you for the first time I thought there was no way you didn't have a boyfriend." I opened up, telling her the truth. I honestly thought there was no way she was single, but I figured it was at least worth a try when I asked her to come to that party with me.

"Really?" She laughed. "Yeah." I smiled, thinking of when I asked her out.

We danced for a while longer then put out the fire and then decided it was probably time to go to bed.

We climbed into our sleeping bags and tried to fall asleep, but I noticed she couldn't for some reason, I can't blame her, I felt uncomfortable knowing she was right there and we weren't even cuddling.

"Chase, are you asleep?" She said and I smiled to myself, glad she actually said something before I had to.

"No." I laughed softly.

"I was wondering-" She started to say when I cut her off knowing what she was gonna ask, "Come here." I did my best to pull her closer, but I failed.

"Oh sorry what were you going to say?" I asked, worried that she wasn't gonna ask to be close to me.

"I was gonna ask if we could cuddle." She awkwardly laughed, but then scooted closer to me.

We unzipped both sleeping bags and put one under us and one over us and put the blankets on top so we could be closer.

Man, i am falling for this girl and we haven't even been together that long, I'm so afraid to say something and scare her off, maybe I'm better off not saying anything.

I pulled her as close as can be, and kissed her on the forehead. Before dozing off to sleep.

------------------------------

Hey once again, thanks for reading! I'm starting to think the next chapter will be Chase's POV or even both Baylee & Chase's POV, it's undecided for now, hopefully I'll have another chapter uploaded by tomorrow, It might be a little late cause I might be going to see a friend of mine who is home for a week from the Air Force. Thanks for understanding! Love y'all! -BM