16: Mud Puddles & Missed Calls

Baylee's POV

Its Monday morning when Chase and I finally decided to leave, we had been camping here for 3 days now. We've had the most fun and made some insane memories.

Chase grabbed his duffle bag and mine and threw them in the backseat. Chase came around hopping in the drivers seat.

We drove the same way home as we did when we came here, sitting close and talking.

-----------------------

Chase woke me up as we pulled onto my dirt road. It was pouring outside.

"Glad we left when we did." Chase smirked.

"Yeah me too." I said, rubbing my eyes.

Once Chase parked we both unbuckled our seat belts and got ready to run.

"Ready? Go!" I said. We both opened our doors and hopped out, only Chase made it and I didn't. My foot got caught on the seatbelt, making me face plant into a big mud puddle. Chase stopped in his tracks and turned around, coming to the rescue.

"Oh my god, are you okay?." He knelt down to help me up.

"I don't know." I started to fake cry.

I lifted my muddy hands and rubbed them all over his face. "Are you?" I bursts out with laughter.

"Oh," Chase smirked. "You don't know what you just started." Chase said as he tried to wipe the mud off his face.

I decided it was probably in my best interest to run. I started to run down my dirt road as fast as I could. Unfortunately Chase was faster, he grabbed my stomach pulling me to a stop. I leaned down and got a handful of mud, apparently so did Chase, cause when I turned around to rub it in his face, his hand had already made contact with mine. I had just got a mouthful of mud, I wasn't about to let him win. I rubbed the mud in my hands all over his face and his neck.

I took two steps back, admiring my work. "Dang, I got you good Elliott." I burst we into laughter.

"Yeah, well I got you better" He smirked. His arm came around my side, pulling me close. He leaned down and kissed me with mud all over his face.

Chase and I hosed off in our backyard after our lovely mud fight.

I had scraped off enough of the mud on my body so I could go take a bath.

I quickly kissed Chase goodbye so he could head back to his uncle's house.

I walked into my house and my mom made me stand there for ten minutes to tell her how camping went, seriously I just wanted to take a bath.

I grabbed my Bluetooth speaker and turned on the bath. I turned my playlist on and tossed a bath bomb underneath the running water.

After the bath bomb had almost completely fizzed away, I climbed in.

Two or three minutes had passed when my phone started to ring. I checked to see that Chase was trying to FaceTime me. I figured I'd probably be out in a few minutes anyway so I could call him back.

Unfortunately that wasn't an option cause Chase kept trying to FaceTime me. He had called at least 3 more times in the past 5 minutes.

I grabbed my phone and waited for him to call again.

"What?" I laughed, making sure I was completely covered in the bathtub.

"Oh, you're in the bath. My bad." Chase covered his face.

"It's not a big deal, I was gonna call you back when I got out in a few minutes, but you kept calling, ya goofball." I smiled.

"What'd you need?" I smirked.

"I just missed you already, and wanted to say goodnight." I watched him as he played with his hair.

"I'll come see you tomorrow, okay?" I said and Chase smiled.

"Okay, sweetheart. Goodnight." He smiled.

"Goodnight Chase. I'll see you tomorrow, bye." I laughed.

"Iloveyoubye." Chase said and then hung up.

Did Chase just tell me he loved me?

------------

Sorry for how long it took to update. I'm tired and I think I'm getting sick. I know this isn't my best work, but I hope you enjoy anyway. Thanks for reading! -BM