35: Broken Promises

FIRST OF ALL LEMME SAY SOMETHING!

I freaking LOVE it when you guys give me feedback, it's literally my favorite, thanks for being such great readers!

Sorry I just needed to express that! Now for the chapter!-BM

-----------

Baylee's POV

We stayed the whole week, spending most of our time at Chrissy's house. Chase finally met my 'other' mom, which she said she approved.

We attended the funeral for Quincy this morning. I have never felt so much pain in my life. Or at least that's what it felt like. I was lucky enough to have Chase by my side for the whole thing, I just never thought I'd have to say goodbye to Quincy so soon.

Chase and were on our way back to my house from Olive Garden. We decided we wanted to have a nice dinner with just the two of us after all the crap that happened today.

As we pulled into the driveway of my house I thanked him by giving him a quick kiss.

I started to unbuckle when I noticed Chase wasn't moving. He was still buckled in and the engine was still running.

"Aren't you coming?" I spoke.

"I already made plans with Chad for tonight." He stated. I gave him a questioning look. Why would he make plans with a friend after what I had to go through today? Seriously? He have me a strange look as if he didn't realize the problem here.

"Really?" I said, now irritated.

"What? I can't hang out with my friends now?" He started to raise his voice. I can't believe he's arguing with me right now, he knows how much I hate fighting. I mean, I know I kind of started it, but so did he.

"Oh my god." I put my head in my hands, frustrated that he doesn't understand.

"Chase," I said attempting to stay calm. "I never said you can't hang out with your friends, but I would've thought after today you would've stayed with me.

"I already made plans with Chad, I told you this." He scoffed.

"Okay whatever." I climbed out of the truck, slamming the door behind me.

"Is he freaking serious?" I muttered under my breath.

I heard the car door slam once again, signaling that Chase got out of the truck.

"What is your problem?" He grabbed my arm roughly, it kind of hurt honestly.

"I should be asking you that, call me when you're done being an asshole." I scoffed. I pulled my arm out of his grasp and began walking towards my front door once again.

"You need to chill, just because your friend died doesn't mean you need to take it out on me." He stated, his hands in the air. Are you shitting me right now? The tears poked at my eyes, threatening to spill.

"Did you really just-?" I couldn't finish my sentence I was so upset, disappointed even. I can not believe he would stoop that low.

I turned on my heel, making a beeline for the front door, shutting it quietly behind me, I didn't want to wake my parents. I covered my mouth, hiding my cries as I remembered when Chase made me a promise.

*Flashback*

Chase came over to my couch tried to hug me, but I just scooted away from him. I didn't know what to do at this point, should I forgive him just like that. What's going to happen when something like this happens again? Will I get yelled at for nothing?

"Are you still mad?" Chase asked with sad eyes.

"A little," I mumbled. "Chase, you wouldn't understand."

"Tell me why, please?" He grabbed my hand. "So I can fix it?"

"Okay, I don't like talking with people about this, it's just a sensitive subject for me, so just know that I'm trusting you to not laugh, or think I'm dumb, I need you to take me seriously okay?" I looked at him.

"Of course." He replied.

"When I was little, my parents would fight a lot. You probably wouldn't think that because they seem fine now, but their fights used to get out of control, and they used to bring me and my siblings into it and it used to tear me up. Over the years i've just had a growing hatred for fighting or when people would yell or raise their voices, especially for no reason. My parents fighting all the time has made me fragile, I can't take much before I break. So now when people snap on me or try to argue with me it just reminds me of my childhood and I kind of mentally break down because it makes me feel the way I did as a kid, it probably sounds dumb, but its just how I am, sorry." I shrugged my shoulders and looked down, waiting for Chase to tell me to 'quit being a baby' or storm out. He did the exact opposite.

Chase put his pointer finger under my chin and lifted my face to his, he kissed me softly on the lips before saying, "I'm so sorry I didn't know that any of that happened. I promise if you give me another chance that I won't do it again. It was such a dumb reason to get upset." Chase said.

"You're forgiven." I smirked at Chase. "Really?"

"Yeah." I laughed softly and stood up only to have Chase hug my waist.

"Thank you baby." Chase smiled, and then stood up to kiss me.

I guess promises are just meant to be broken.

-------------------------

A/N:

Lol don't hate me! So basically..... That happened.

But seriously I'm adding some drammmaaaa. It needed it, lets be honest. 

ALSO I went back and read through this book from the beginning, and I cringed a few times, I'm sorry I'm a horrible writer, and i have a lot of mistakes (I don't normally re-read the chapters before I publish them, so thats my fault.) But I feel like I've grown so much as a writer, and i hope it only gets better! I promise to go back and re-edit the whole thing when i finish this book! 

ONE MORE THING IM PROBABLY GONNA UPDATE AGAIN TONIGHT CAUSE I HATE CLIFFHANGERS SO I'LL TRY AND UPDATE! 

Anyways thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!-BM