31: Nerf Wars and Fake Injuries

Lol sorry I posted this for like 30 seconds with an unfinished title!

-------------

Baylee's POV

I woke up once again, but this time it was to the sound of kitchen utensils banging around.

My eyes slowly started to open, i stuck my arm out and felt around for my phone. I held it up, looking at the time.

8:39 AM

I threw my phone down on the bed and decided to look for what was causing that noise.

I propped myself up on my elbows and saw Chase standing in the kitchen, only in his underwear. He was mixing something in a pan, I figure he was probably just making breakfast.

He must've felt me looking, after a few seconds Chase looked my direction.

"Hey baby." He said softly, he probably feels like he's still walking on eggshells after last night.

"Hey." I stated, before letting my head hit the pillow once again. I began to rub my tired eyes from a lack of sleep.

I lifted the comforter off my body and grabbed my favorite blue blanket, wrapping it around my body like a burrito.

I felt like a penguin, waddling past Chase and flopping down on the couch.

I heard a silent chuckle come out from Chase's mouth as he watched me.

Chase finished up whatever he was making and dished it up on to two plates.

"Come here baby, I made breakfast." He states as he set down the plates on our tiny table.

I was honestly so comfortable I didn't want to move, Chase didn't give me much of a choice as he came over to me and picked me up, and setting me down at the table a few seconds after.

"Thanks." I mumbled, there was still a slight awkward tension in the room.

"I'm sorry." He blurted.

"You should be." I bluntly said, sticking a few eggs with my fork and putting them into my mouth.

"I don't usually drink, and if I do it's usually not that much." He sighed, taking a bite of his food.

"I'm not so upset about you being underage, cause you're almost 21 anyway, I'm just upset that I was trying to make sure you made it back safe so you could sleep and be ready for your race today." I stated.

"I know darling, I should've listened to you." He took another bite, I just nodded.

It went silent for a second while he chewed and swallowed his food.

"It shouldn't matter cause you have every right to be mad at me, but hearing you say you didn't care if I lost my race today kinda bothered me." He said.

"That was the point, I just said it to hurt you, I was upset you weren't coming back with me." I said, almost feeling bad.

"I know, and I completely understand, I just never want to hear you say anything like that again. It sucks to hear that, especially from you. " He said.

"Don't give me a reason to say it, and I won't." I half smiled at him.

"I promise." He smiled.

I leaned across the table, he did too. I gave him a quick kiss before picking up my fork to begin eating again.

-----------------