Chapter 17

Principal Smith gave Beca a tour of the school, and brought her to Chloe's classroom, where she would be working.
"Sorry to interrupt Miss Beale, but I was wondering if you would like to introduce the kids to Miss Mitchell.
"Of course." Chloe said and smiled at Beca.
"Okay kids, give a warm welcome to Miss Mitchell!" She said excitedly.
"Hi Miss Mitchell!" The kids said.
"Hi kiddos!" Beca said.
Beca saw how much the kids adored Chloe. At lunch, in the teacher's room, Beca sat with Chloe. To her surprise, Chloe sat alone.
"Where is everybody?" Beca asked.
"Over there." Chloe said.
"Why don't you sit with them?"
"They think I'm annoying."
"What?"
"I don't need them, I have you!" Chloe said and pulled Beca into a hug.
"They don't know what they're talking about. You're the best girlfriend anyone could ever have." Beca said.
"Thanks." Chloe said smiling.
"So, you didn't tell Principal Smith we were dating?" Beca asked.
"No, why? Wait you told him?" Chloe said.
"Of course I did. Are you embarrassed?" Beca looked concerned.
"I'm already the outcast, and now everyone will be talking behind our backs about how weird we are." Chloe said quietly. Beca hadn't realized how much being in a school made adults act like middle and high schoolers until now.
"Do they really do that?" Beca asked.
"Yes." Chloe said.
"And it's not weird to love who you love. It's not about who they are, it's about how they make you feel." Beca said.
"Thanks." Chloe said. "Anyways, we better get back to the classroom."
They walked back to the classroom holding hands. They didn't care if anyone stared at them, they loved each other.
The afternoon went as it normally did and Beca watched. Chloe was a great teacher and Beca didn't want to mess anything up.
After school, they drove home. As soon as they got home, they collapsed on the couch and cuddled together to watch TV. Eventually they both fell asleep.
When the kids got home they looked at their moms.
"Should we wake them up?" Avery asked Reuben.
"They look happy, we should let them sleep." He said.